• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP STUCK IN THE WHITESHELL WITH A R/S VENTURE

goodday

Veteran
HELP MY WIFE 2005 RS VENTURE JUST DIED WHEN DRIVING , SHE SAID IT FELT LIKE IT RAN OUT OF GAS, WE OPEN THE HOOD AND IT SMELLED LIKE BURNED WIRING, I THOUGHT MAYBE STATOR, TOOK THE BATTERY OUT OF ANOTHER SLED, NO CHANGE, JUST A STARTER SOLENOID CLICK WITH BOTH BATTERYS, ANY THOUGHTS ??, JUST HAPPEN 15 MIN AGO, TOWED IT TO BRERETON LAKE RESORT, PLEASE TELL ME WERE TO START LOOKING, HAVING LUNCH AND WILL RECHECK THANKS GOODDAY

Check the fuses and see if any are burnt out. Can you turn the motor over using the clutch?

Check all wiring for shorts where it could rub on the frame. My friend's sled lost power and he found the wire insulation worn through in two spots- at the front near the control module and up near the fuse box. Look for black arcing marks with a flashlight.

The hot wire for the starter runs in between the motor and the tunnel under the jack shaft(rear of the motor). I noticed some rubbing when i replaced my cam chain tensioner.

TOWED BACK TO THE SHOP, THE STARTER WAS BURNT, SHE MUST HAVE BEEN DRIVING IT WITH THE STARTER ON, SHE SAID SHE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING (BAD I POD) HAS THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE ?, I JUST CHANGE THE OIL BEFORE TRIP USING YAMAHA 0/30 SEMI AND THERE FILTER GOODDAY

This was can issue on that year 3 cyl 4 stroke. The starter would remain engaged & burn out. I have seen a few of em with this issue.

THE DEALER TOLD ME THAT THE OIL LEVEL WAS TOO HIGH, I CHECK IT,(ON THE DIPSTICK) JUST PUT IN THE HOLE AND NOT SCREW DOWN THE LEVEL WAS A 1/4 OVER THE FULL MARK, THAT HOW I WAS TOLD TO CHECK THE OIL LEVEL. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I CAUSE THIS ? GOODDAY

Back