• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hey Nos pro ?

tooold

Extreme
Now that it seems your season is over :( Tell us what Mod you think made the most improvement and if you were going to do it all over again what would you do diffrent. one more if could only do one mod (for the snow & not nos)what would it be? and thankx for all the info it was fun

Hey Tooold - Yes, This was a very fun year at the track. Got to meet a lot of new people, who love Yamahas, and love to add performance to their sleds, like I do. If I were to do it again, I would change all my bearings to the Double shielded bearings, instead of the sealed bearings. They heat up too much, and don't turn as freely, as the double shielded.

The greatest improvement had to be the clutching, .39 of a second. Yamaha really kept the clutching mild on the RX1. Next , I would say, is the exhaust. That was good for .32 of a second, which is amazing! White Knuckle Performance has their stuff figured out on their products!

I would have to say, I would change clutching for the snow, definetly! But, all in all, some changes I did on other items, might not make that big of a difference, without some of the other items I changed. (Example: Would I have run .39 better with the stock exhaust on it? I don't know. Maybe .30 or .25? Or if I didn't lower the sled, would I have gone straight every time?) Either way, clutching alone will definetly add performance to your sled, and keep clutch temps down, which helps for reliabiltiy.

I have been asked to show up at Great Lakes Dragway on Oct. 25th for an Illinois chapter grass drag. Snoweek will be doing articles on all kinds of sled racing, asphalt and grass. So I think it will be worth it, making some runs on the asphalt yet. I hope we can run fast for the camera!

Thanks Tooold for following the posts, and keeping the Yami running strong all season. Hope to meet up with you sometime, and do some trail riding. :D

Back