• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

high mileage sleds

Yamaha sleds will always have the most ,Crap,DooDoo,& PooPoo not so much... i have 7700mi untouched engine 1st owner ,buddy has 13000 +/- untouched engine 1st owner.have seen some with much more,no worries in the engine dept. :yam: :4STroke: :Rockon:

I worked on a friends sled ('04 RX-1) last winter with 10,750 miles. Really low on compression and I thought it was blown. Did some searching on here to find that some of the earlier ones built up carbon. It was 'untouched' until I put the seafoam spray to it. Compression came back to spec. and it runs fine now.

My 03 RX1 had 15,004 when I traded for my current 2010 ApexLTX GT and now have :jump: 5,041miles. I had a 03 viper with 16,055 and a 99 SRX with 12,000 miles. All engines never opened! That's why I ride Yamaha!

I had 17000+ on my RX1 with NOS on it for most of that time, ran perfect when I sold it. Left me stranded once in that time with broken driveshaft. Did have a stator go out around 13K but I was at motel so no tow .

My attak has over 10k now, not sure ill ever sell it.

I'm not sure what high milage is supposed to be on the Yam 150 engine 20K, 30K,50K+ miles?? I have 8000+miles on mine & zero engine issues. What is high milage on a Yamaha 150? IMO 10K miles is nothing & less than 10K is super low milage. So the question remains what is considered high milage?

Over 16k on my 06 Attak. first service isn't scheduled till 20k. R1 bikes in the southern states and California have over 50,000 and still going. you know those mofroes get ragged on.

06 Apex RTX roughly 11,500 miles / Untouched.

My uncle has a 03 RX-1 that had about 33,000 miles before it got new pistons that it didn't really need. It was low on compression and it turns out one of the spark plug threads in the head was mangled causing some blow by. Wasn't discovered until after the pistons were swapped out.

I have a 2006 Attak with over 12,000 miles and it still rips like new ! No engine modifications, replaced jackshaft bearing twice, new set of exhaust donuts and an annual dealer tune-up. Not bad at all. I am considering a new XTX only because of the power steering otherwise the old girl is still just fine !

Back