• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hmm...My Viper puked

fxnytroxtx said:
TurboJamie said:
Arctic cat quality unfortunately. As the miles pile up our poor vipers will fall apart more and more.
True true

Yamaha never needed help with engine quality..they needed chassis quality..I'm sure this is stepping on some peoples goes by saying this but my honest opinion is that without the quality of ARCTIC CAT's procross chassis..yamaha still wouldn't have much to show for in the aggressive trail sled aspect. I'm a diehard yammi guy but it doesn't hurt me to say that it took cats quality to give yamaha a great all around sled. And for anyone complaining about issues I'd encourage you to take a look at yamahas track record for first year sleds. I always had good luck with mine but they had their issues. The apex had the exhaust donuts that always wore out and boggy wheels that fell off and those issues never got addressed. The nytro..well we most all know how those things ride. I'm not saying at all that the viper doesn't have issues but take a look at the track record of previous sleds before bashing the viper

It also seems to be strange that a lot of the people bashing don't own one. How is that helpful? If you don't like the sled don;t buy one and shut your pie hole.
I would say the majority of people don't have problems and the ones that do get blown up by the interweb

STAIN said:
It also seems to be strange that a lot of the people bashing don't own one. How is that helpful? If you don't like the sled don;t buy one and shut your pie hole.
I would say the majority of people don't have problems and the ones that do get blown up by the interweb

100% truth spoken right there. Just because 2 guys have had some form of oil leak does not make this sled junk. Just cuz there has been some cases of chain case issues doesn't mean it's a crappy arctic cat issue. More than likely it is mainly to do with improper maintenance of the sled..not in every case but I'm sure a fair share of it is.

Remember nytro section? All of viper lovers made the nytro the worst sled out there, even tho it wasn't. It's time you tasted your own medicine!

And im not just saying this, besides the engine the viper is nothing but a pos cat!

The nytro certainly isn't the worst sled out there..but compare the nytro to the sleds of it's time..twin spar cats rode like a Cadillac, heavy, but you could just sit down and go. Rev xp chassis, light weight, handled great and great suspension..not sure where Polaris was or what they were going lol but the nytro in my opinion didn't compare with the sleds of it's time. The viper is too notch in every type of riding there is. In comparison to the viper..the nytro really doesn't outperform it or even come close in any aspect of riding.

fxnytroxtx said:
Remember nytro section? All of viper lovers made the nytro the worst sled out there, even tho it wasn't. It's time you tasted your own medicine!

And im not just saying this, besides the engine the viper is nothing but a pos cat!

I had 2 Nytros, one cut down to 551 wet and one with 280hp MPI SUpercharger cut down to 600 pounds. Full Timbersled front and rear with fox floats. And if I had to ride a Nytro here in the mountains I would stay home....really. Last year we rode boosted Phazers and those were fun but you won't get me to ride a Nytro again. The RX1 will come out before I ride a Nytro again.

Funny you mention Cat as my 2014 M8 has needed nothing. Just ride, no clutch rengineering or anything...just ride. Makes me happy Yamaha made them up there quality.

Most of my work this year has been finding the Yamaha clutch glitch.

Just my opinion though yours may vary.

I have 3100 mi on my viper ltx 137 and no problems, still have original hyfax on it. My only complaint it the hot start issue, but it always starts. Im confident this will be fixed before next winter. It's unfortunate that some people are having issues, but i think the viper is an excellent trail sled. I had a 2008 phazer, now talk about a pos, i put a ton of money in it with schmidt bros upgrades, that worked great and highly recommended, but thats what it took to just make it rideable, so bashing the viper seems unfair to me. I

No sense arguing with you gents during the honeymoon phase. Let's see how things play out of the next couple seasons. Keep an eye out for chain case, suspension, and tunnel threads ;)

This coming from someone with nearly 20,000 km experience between 5 procross sleds now.

Studroes144 said:
STAIN said:

100% truth spoken right there. Just because 2 guys have had some form of oil leak does not make this sled junk. Just cuz there has been some cases of chain case issues doesn't mean it's a crappy arctic cat issue. More than likely it is mainly to do with improper maintenance of the sled..not in every case but I'm sure a fair share of it is.

C'mon man...You are gonna chalk something like this up to "Improper maintenance"? It's an 2014 $11,000+ sled with 1,000 miles on it that was just in for the 600 mile oil change/check over.

TurboJamie said:
No sense arguing with you gents during the honeymoon phase. Let's see how things play out of the next couple seasons. Keep an eye out for chain case, suspension, and tunnel threads ;)

This coming from someone with nearly 20,000 km experience between 5 procross sleds now.

Yup, 2100 miles on mine and pretty much all the rivets where the 2 piece tunnel are loose, and paint chipped.

09nytro said:
I hope you report back with findings !

So before we all start bashing let's find out what happened first , then we can bash ! ;)!

I'll be sure to report back...might be awhile as I won't be dropping it off till Saturday at the earliest.

Hopefully everything will be covered under waranty. This is unfortunate that this happened to your sled. If this happened to my new sled i would also be upset. After it gets fixed, hopefully you will have many trouble free miles of riding

TurboJamie said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 and 2013 Procross are NOTHING like the quality and performance of the 2014. You lost all credibility with me comparing them. Oh wait, the 2008 Nytro is just like the 2012 Nytro too I bet?

MCApex44 said:
Studroes144 said:
STAIN said:

C'mon man...You are gonna chalk something like this up to "Improper maintenance"? It's an 2014 $11,000+ sled with 1,000 miles on it that was just in for the 600 mile oil change/check over.

I don't want to put words into his mouth but I think he was implying your dealer who I suspect is a Yamaha dealer only might not have done the gear oil change and adjustment right. There has been more than one dealer not get the chain tension right. Just a possibilty though.

Back