• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

holtzman springs

RX_rider

Veteran
which color springs is should i get. i'm at sea level most of the time and i changed my main gets to 165 for the K&N air filters.

0-4000 Ft..... Stock Air Box- Green

Modified Air Box-Yellow

Carb Filters - Red

:home: :letsnow:

Dynorun 005: We installed the green Holtzman springs. Now at this point we want to improve on the best dynorun so far so we use dynorun 4 to compare against From the immediate hit of the throttle at 3000 RPM's, all the way to 8800 RPM's. the green springs absolutely crushed the stock springs! Picture the line on the graph paralelling dynorun .004 but 6HP higher! Definately worth the investment for these springs.

Dynorun .006. We now will use dynorun .005 to compare against. Yellow Holtzman springs are now installed. I have been plagued by this annoying dip in power in area's of the powerband that are usual riding RPM's. What I mean to say is that these dips are in area's where you spend a lot of time when riding. I want them gone and although I have made improvements, I cannot rid them completely. Until this dynorun...A giant void in that troubled 6000 RPM area is now completely filled in! a 4 foot pound improvement in torque and a 4.1 HP gain...nice. Now remember this is over our best dynorun to that point. The gain from the way it arrived will be tallyed up at the end. Another slight improvement from 7600 to 8400 was also realized...about 2.4 HP more.

Dynorun .007. Holtzman red springs installed. We naturally want to compare his to dynorun .006. This is the first time we did not improve. Up until now, we have been successful making power with every change. The red springs did not dis-improve the running enough to even get into detail about numbers. In certain areas the red springs versus the yellow springs were only slightly worse...I mean very slightly. Nonetheless, we liked the yellow springs better.

Dynorun .008. Barry Holtzman sent me some Silver springs. He told me these were a relatively new spring and not many are out yet being used. Comparing to dynorun .006, we improved even again in that formerly troubled area of 6000 RPM with another solid 2 HP gain from 6000 to 6800 RPM's. RB is doing backflips at this point. We also picked up an additional 2.5 to 3.2 HP from 8700 to 9600 PM's and 1.8 HP more than .006 all the way to the rev limiter.

rxwhopper said:
arnt the ecp silver? i know i have silver in mine and that at seas level, 2000 feet.my last one had silvers to

Silver CV slide springs work the best regardless of altitude. The blue springs are the lightest and work good for racing. The silver springs push the slide back down a little quicker while trail riding but the blue springs have worked very good for some trail riders as well.

Freddie

Back