• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles are to many?

6k for Attak is nothing . I owned 3 of them. I run RS Vectors now and love them as much or more. Same machine really except for 3 cyl which still runs like heck and pulls strong.

The guy sold the apex I was eying before I could get out to him. Try not to crucify me too much but think I have a deal struck for a nearly mint 06 sabercat 700 with 1800 mi. Pick it up on Tuesday. I will have another Yamaha 4stroke at some point. Spring ordered a 06 gt but had to trade it for a car before putting too many miles on it.

Something to consider with mileage is if it was mosty groomed trail higher mileage or like our machines have no groomed trails around so we beat the heck outa them in the ditches and rough trails and sometimes low snow included, I’ve had my machine airborne on hard drifts so many times I’m amazed it hasn’t blown apart lol.

Something to consider with mileage is if it was mosty groomed trail higher mileage or like our machines have no groomed trails around so we beat the heck outa them in the ditches and rough trails and sometimes low snow included, I’ve had my machine airborne on hard drifts so many times I’m amazed it hasn’t blown apart lol.
That’s a fair point. I live south of Chicago where snow conditions are lean most times to say the least. we also have no trails just fields, ditches, and fence lines that we blast up and down. Getting a little older with a little more disposable income I’m able to take more trips find I enjoy just cruising on nice trails more often than not

My Supervisor was snowmobiling in NFLD Canada and came across a lodge on their travels, the owner of the lodge rented out snowmobiles, all Yamaha Ventures, 2 of his rental sleds the kms on them were unbelievable, one had 60,000Kms the other 80,000 kms, still running strong, that would be 38000/47000 miles, Yamaha builds good engines.

My Supervisor was snowmobiling in NFLD Canada and came across a lodge on their travels, the owner of the lodge rented out snowmobiles, all Yamaha Ventures, 2 of his rental sleds the kms on them were unbelievable, one had 60,000Kms the other 80,000 kms, still running strong, that would be 38000/47000 miles, Yamaha builds good engines.
That's got to some of the highest mileage I've heard. I've got 12k and 7k on two apex and 9k on a nytro. Looks like I have a ways to go. Love the made in Japan. I don't think the yammycats are this reliable. I have less in four old MIJ Yammys than ppl with new sleds. (Phazer too)

The phazer has been kicking my #*$&@ with stator starter and now a little water pump leak but I'm getting on it!!!!!

The rest have been rocks. I hear ppl whining about hyfax(I'm at 2200 on one apex and she's going to go another season I don't think that's bad at $28 a piece). Done donuts on the apexs and phazer for less than 200. Not sure the issue with that either. I switched to copper.

Anyway good for me for what we do and don't have much tied up in them. Could almost sell for what I paid

That's got to some of the highest mileage I've heard. I've got 12k and 7k on two apex and 9k on a nytro. Looks like I have a ways to go. Love the made in Japan. I don't think the yammycats are this reliable. I have less in four old MIJ Yammys than ppl with new sleds. (Phazer too)

The phazer has been kicking my #*$&@ with stator starter and now a little water pump leak but I'm getting on it!!!!!

The rest have been rocks. I hear ppl whining about hyfax(I'm at 2200 on one apex and she's going to go another season I don't think that's bad at $28 a piece). Done donuts on the apexs and phazer for less than 200. Not sure the issue with that either. I switched to copper.

Anyway good for me for what we do and don't have much tied up in them. Could almost sell for what I paid
Yes that is high milage and still going strong, love the made in Japan too, no problem with Hyfax as of yet on my Apex, but I upgraded to the 135mm idler wheels and the Dupont slides when I first got her, there's about 2500kms on the slides, plus I run with the scratchers down when the trails are abit firm, no problem with the donuts as of yet or the exup exhaust, machine works great, very happy with it.

6k for Attak is nothing . I owned 3 of them. I run RS Vectors now and love them as much or more. Same machine really except for 3 cyl which still runs like heck and pulls strong.
Why do you like the vectors better? Not as strong as the apex but still a nice motor. Reliable as it gets

Why do you like the vectors better? Not as strong as the apex but still a nice motor. Reliable as it gets
Just a guess, but they’re much quieter to ride, get much better fuel economy, seem to handle a little better with their slightly different engine positioning and lighter front end weight, also seem to start a little better in extreme cold and are just as bulletproof reliable motor wise. I had to convince myself to purchase my last Apex over an EPS Vec and only did it because of the deal I got and I like the updated plastics front and rear. If you can live with a sled that’s about 10 MPH ish slower than an Ape the Vec is a fantastic choice for a trail sled.

Back