• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to do timing with head shim

T-rav 27

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Srx 700 imp,1100 turbo, mcx apex
Hi guys i am trying to put together an apex turbo 290 mcxpress i just purchased 0.60 head shim and arp studs i have the head torqued down and now am trying to time it to find out how to grind gear i have never done an apex before but lots of single cylinder bikes and my 1100 turbo cat but when i try to put the exhaust cam in it wontsit down in the journals as the lobes are hitting the buckets not alowing it to sit down what could be my issue and iff anyone has a write up on how to do timing on an apex that be great thanx guys

I have slotted the cams and now am trying to put cams in to time it my cam chain is not giving me enought slack to put cams in properly

Did you back off the tensioner first ? Be real careful to make sure everything is timed right before trying to turn the engine over or you'll bend the valves.

Ken...........

Back