• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to make my 06 GT a warmer ride for the wife?

So the wife and I are on a little sledding vacation in northern wi. Of course it hasn't made it above 0 degrees today. We did the new Cat test rides yesterday, and she liked the sled that had the heated seat and bigger windshield. We currently have the low solid black windshield installed, and I see yamaha has a black into tint medium windshield we may purchase. Is there any flares available for the bodywork? Also, is there a heated seat kit available? :sled1:

Bigger windshield and some better cold weather gear...maybe Yamaheaters and some handguards.

Your in trouble for letting her ride those new sleds. :bling

You might try heated gear.

Yes you gotta swap the windshield. I never rode my Apex or Attak with the bikini windshield on.

I like the idea of adding heat to my Attak seat. Also Yamaha makes a nice set of gauntlets.

Another thing for me is when it is really cold say -30 or worse I get cold in the thighs which makes we wonder if a wind deflector(s) on the side panel might not be a benefit for making it warmer.

Yama heaters work the hand Warmer's -Rockmeister on this site, the mid height windshields help also

Oh yea the best quickest way is gauntlets, the ski doo ones I have are great and help with the whole upper body stay warmer my wife daughters and I love them when cold. 40 bucks could save the trip

I was told by someone who had them that the wind deflectors that go on the side panels worked pretty good also get a bigger windshield for sure bigest thing you could do.

As already mentioned- larger windsheild, YamaHeaters for the hands and or gauntlets work as well but are tricky to get your hands back onto the bars while the sled is in motion.
There are no Yamaha heated seat options offered for that sled specifically. You would have to purchase a kit and make it work.
Good riding gear would be the best place to start. A person loses something like 70-80% of body heat thru head, hands and feet.
Gloves should be well insulated on the backside and thin on the inside so you get the heat from the bars.
For the feet a good moisture wicking sock and boot combo will keep them toes happy.
If all else fails, keep some of them "Hot SHots" hand and toe warmers with you. A quick and easy way to help keep the fingers and toes warm.

I have the medium w-shield that came with my 40th Vector and I wish it were warmer!

Imo, it directs air right at my chest and upper arms, and I am only 5'8".

If I was you, I would get the large w-shield and be done with it.

thor452 said:
I was told by someone who had them that the wind deflectors that go on the side panels worked pretty good also get a bigger windshield for sure bigest thing you could do.
I couldn't find the side deflectors? Who sells them?

On my '07 Apex I put a 2012 and newer Vector windshield on it (#8HV-K7210-00-00). This windshield was redesigned to be similar to the 2011 and newer Apex that had a increase in height and width for added wind protection, it's a nice improvement with out looking goofy. I also have the Yamaha wind shear hand deflectors (#SMA-09HGC-XX-XX) that work great, you can wear a light glove with theses for better control and you will be surprised how well your grip warmers work.

Firecat_Freak said:
thor452 said:
I couldn't find the side deflectors? Who sells them?
I have no idea we seen them on a sled at a bar stop the husband was checking out my hand guards as an option for hers and we talked a bit she like the diffrence they made for herknees to hip area.

Back