• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to make my 06 GT a warmer ride for the wife?

1 TOUZAN said:
On my '07 Apex I put a 2012 and newer Vector windshield on it (#8HV-K7210-00-00). This windshield was redesigned to be similar to the 2011 and newer Apex that had a increase in height and width for added wind protection, it's a nice improvement with out looking goofy. I also have the Yamaha wind shear hand deflectors (#SMA-09HGC-XX-XX) that work great, you can wear a light glove with theses for better control and you will be surprised how well your grip warmers work.

You mean it fit without any modifications?

I was under the understanding that the newer w-shields would not fit the older style sleds?

Definitely interested in one if I know it will fit my 08 Vector. (

Yep, the 2008 to current Vector is the same as 2006 to 2010 Apex body work. The 2011 to current Apex is different.

1 TOUZAN said:
Yep, the 2008 to current Vector is the same as 2006 to 2010 Apex body work. The 2011 to current Apex is different.

Was your's a Medium height w-shield or something else?

I seen only extreme low, mid/medium height and Extra tall, no tall?

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail. ... =12&page=1

Would also appreciate a pic of her sled if you happen to have one?

Thanks, appreciate the info. ;)!

Edit: Is this the shield you bought Touzan?
It says a install kit is required, do you also have to purchase that?
http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.p ... =12&page=1

Go to the Yamaha website and go to 2014 Vector in snowmobiles, then go to picture gallery and scroll all the way to the bottom and there is a nice up close picture of the windshield, that's the one I'm talking about, not any in the accessory catalog. The part number I gave you is for that windshield-standard now on 2012-2014. You could also stop by a dealer if you have one by you and check it out on one.

1 TOUZAN said:
Go to the Yamaha website and go to 2014 Vector in snowmobiles, then go to picture gallery and scroll all the way to the bottom and there is a nice up close picture of the windshield, that's the one I'm talking about, not any in the accessory catalog. The part number I gave you is for that windshield-standard now on 2012-2014. You could also stop by a dealer if you have one by you and check it out on one.

I assume this is it?

Thanks again for the info, I appreciate it. ;)!
http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/ ... lery.aspx#

Irv said:
1 TOUZAN said:
On my '07 Apex I put a 2012 and newer Vector windshield on it (#8HV-K7210-00-00). This windshield was redesigned to be similar to the 2011 and newer Apex that had a increase in height and width for added wind protection, it's a nice improvement with out looking goofy. I also have the Yamaha wind shear hand deflectors (#SMA-09HGC-XX-XX) that work great, you can wear a light glove with theses for better control and you will be surprised how well your grip warmers work.

You mean it fit without any modifications?

I was under the understanding that the newer w-shields would not fit the older style sleds?

Definitely interested in one if I know it will fit my 08 Vector. (
http://www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat ... hields.htm
Apex / Attak Windshield - Tall (16") - Black Fade
product # SMA-8FT96-30-BK
$118.49
$100.7

What's the difference between this vector windshield and this one?
It looks very similiar to me. I was looking for a black fade into tint, but think both of these are black into clear.

Yes that's the one, also go to the Features/Technology and click on the Windshield icon and watch the short video. And yes there are taller ones available in the accessories but like I said - A niece improvement with out looking GOOFY. :)

1 TOUZAN said:
Yes that's the one, also go to the Features/Technology and click on the Windshield icon and watch the short video. And yes there are taller ones available in the accessories but like I said - A niece improvement with out looking GOOFY. :)

Thanks again. ;)!

It doesn't look a whole lot different/larger than my current w-shield but I had read they were much improved.

Definitely going to purchase now now that I know it will fit. :Rockon:

Irv said:
1 TOUZAN said:

Thanks again. ;)!

It doesn't look a whole lot different/larger than my current w-shield but I had read they were much improved.

Which one do you have now?

Firecat_Freak said:
Irv said:
1 TOUZAN said:

Thanks again. ;)!

Which one do you have now?

It's the 40th Anniversary stocker which I believe is mid height?

The new one Touzan posted is also the mid height I believe, but like he mentioned, and from what I have read, it is much improved over the original ones.

Attachments

• HPIM1921 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1921 (Medium).JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 30DEC11-Ganny3.jpg
    30DEC11-Ganny3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 104
Talked to my dealer, they are going to order one in to see if it will match up/fit/work?

I am hoping so as I detest my stocker on real cold days.

1 TOUZAN said:

which video?

Back