• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how to make stock 2004 rx 1 mountain 50 lb lighter ??

I have a single Ti bike pipe for sale US$125.00 will drop over 13 lbs minimum.

I run a 162 M7 skid in mine weighs 45.25 lbs with a cromo front arm stock proaction with all wheels is 76 lbs
YTZ7s battery weighs 5 lbs saves 11 lbs buy it from interstate 100.00
Swap out the drop brackets for aluminum saves 5lbs

Your big savers are skid, exhaust, and battery. You could do those three things save your 50lbs and still have enough money left over to buy a 162 for it with a new tunnel extension by the time you sell the removed parts. A light weight seat is only good for about 6-7 lbs

BlgsRX-1mtn said:
Here's what I have done and had about 50 lbs dropped until adding the MPI supercharger.

1. MPI rear transfer kit $50 US drops 5 lbs
2. Modded FRA in stock skid to ride like a HRP coil over $0 US drops 3lbs
3. Added HRP ice scratchers and removed all bogie wheels $50 US dropped 4.5 lbs.
4. Added MPI front A-arms $379 US drops 6.5 lbs
5. Added Batcap light weight dry cell battery $279 US drops 11 lbs
6. Removed swaybay and toolbox/beverageholde in nose $0 US drops 5.5 lbs
7. Installed Whiteknuckle QC-1 exhaust system $399 US drops 11 lbs
8. Bought new BOSS Highrise seat $436 US drops 7.2 lbs.

Total cost is $1593 US with a total weight loss of 52.7 lbs.

Now if you break it down into a balance thing (wieght saved in front vs. the rear) it comes out at; 29.7 lbs from the rear and 23 lbs from the front. This will keep the balance close to how it came from the factory. I'm betting it's closer to a 50/50 split though concidering that the bogies, seat and exhaust go from the front to the rear.

Jim

With the weight gone u notice the sled alot lighter and easier to handle and quicker?

I'm not about to spend $1500 on a USED skid. The M7/1M or MPI will work just fine. I know the Ekholm lays down a crapload, but good Lord, thats ridiculously expensive.

JDMCRX said:
BlgsRX-1mtn said:
Here's what I have done and had about 50 lbs dropped until adding the MPI supercharger.

1. MPI rear transfer kit $50 US drops 5 lbs
2. Modded FRA in stock skid to ride like a HRP coil over $0 US drops 3lbs
3. Added HRP ice scratchers and removed all bogie wheels $50 US dropped 4.5 lbs.
4. Added MPI front A-arms $379 US drops 6.5 lbs
5. Added Batcap light weight dry cell battery $279 US drops 11 lbs
6. Removed swaybay and toolbox/beverageholde in nose $0 US drops 5.5 lbs
7. Installed Whiteknuckle QC-1 exhaust system $399 US drops 11 lbs
8. Bought new BOSS Highrise seat $436 US drops 7.2 lbs.

Total cost is $1593 US with a total weight loss of 52.7 lbs.

Now if you break it down into a balance thing (wieght saved in front vs. the rear) it comes out at; 29.7 lbs from the rear and 23 lbs from the front. This will keep the balance close to how it came from the factory. I'm betting it's closer to a 50/50 split though concidering that the bogies, seat and exhaust go from the front to the rear.

Jim

With the weight gone u notice the sled alot lighter and easier to handle and quicker?

It defintely made the sled easier to ride. The best improvement I made was getting my bars up to were I'm not crouching down to grab them though. Even with a heavy sled the bars being tall enough for you to use all your body for leverage make the difference. As you can see from this picture and the one in my avatar; my bars a really tall. I'm only 5' 7" tall and often wonder how the 6' + tall guys ride these sleds while doing anything other than sit down trail riding.

Jim

Attachments

• Jim01%2Ejpg.jpg
    Jim01%2Ejpg.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 67
blgsrx1 what would be the first mods you did if you had say 500 dollars like what ones do you think made the most difference

younggun said:
blgsrx1 what would be the first mods you did if you had say 500 dollars like what ones do you think made the most difference

It depends on what you are after. If you want max weight loss for the money; start with the freebies of course. This will drop 8.5 lbs. Next, I would do the transfer kit and ice scratchers at a cost of $100 and another weight loss of 9.5 lbs. Then I would pick up the Fly Aerotaper mountain bend bars and 8" risers at www.factoryteam2racing.com/store5.asp . Get ahold of thrustedvector for a longer throttle cable and SLP for a longer brake line. Price of new bars, risers and cables will cost about $250. This won't loose much (if any) weight but the taller bars definately help alot.

The BOSS seat is a nice addition for the aggressive rider who trasitions from seated to standing but, it doesn't loose much weight for the money. FYI, if you ever hit a rock and bend the A-arms; it provides a great opportunity to add the light weight ones. I priced stock replacements vs. light weight from MPI and the MPI arms were only $100 more for the set vs just on side from my dealer. I have hit rocks and trees (see pics) with the MPI arms and they are still straight.

Jim

Attachments

• Bad Boulder.jpg
    Bad Boulder.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 85
  • Super Charged Sport Logging.jpg
    Super Charged Sport Logging.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 71
I would say save the $50 from the transfer enhancement kit and buy an M7 or 1M skid. You can get them for $300 from RVSPORTS.com. That will save 22#'s and with the very nice approach angle, will allow the sled to get up on the snow btter. This will decrease the terible trenching attributes of the proaction skid.

Back