• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I-grips or car studs

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
My brother picked up a 2023 xtx LE, it has the 146x 1.5 track from Camso that the lugs are pre drilled, (for pre studs) I have a gun to insert actuall tire studs but camso wont / can’t tell me stud size. Other option would be to put I-grips in the pre drilled holes. Any body have info for me??

My brother picked up a 2023 xtx LE, it has the 146x 1.5 track from Camso that the lugs are pre drilled, (for pre studs) I have a gun to insert actuall tire studs but camso wont / can’t tell me stud size. Other option would be to put I-grips in the pre drilled holes. Any body have info for me??

How about measuring the depth of the pre-drilled holes?

ST-25R IGRIP STANDARD RACING STUDS, pretty sure those are for the pre drilled camso.​

I doubt the track is setup to receive studs like those for cars. Snow tires for cars have a "pocket" at the bottom of the hole for the head of that type of stud.

Bergstrom Skegs also has screw in carbide tip studs.

Call Patrick from Igrips, he will set you up with the proper length, i think mine were15mm body and 5mm carbide. Put 200-250 in you won't be disappointed.
Patrick Lemay 4187281250

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Upon further investigation, went on I grip’s website on the computer instead of cell phone and was way more user friendly and it says on there what studs to order for his exact predrilled track. Ordered them this morning. There is only 110 predrilled holes I believe. Being it’s a 1.6 x 146 I think that will be enough traction for slowing down on the slippery corners. Thanks again, do ya snow dance.

Call Patrick from Igrips, he will set you up with the proper length, i think mine were15mm body and 5mm carbide. Put 200-250 in you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the replies. Upon further investigation, went on I grip’s website on the computer instead of cell phone and was way more user friendly and it says on there what studs to order for his exact predrilled track. Ordered them this morning. There is only 110 predrilled holes I believe. Being it’s a 1.6 x 146 I think that will be enough traction for slowing down on the slippery corners. Thanks again, do ya snow dance.
You can add more just use 1/16 drill bit

Back