• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need Apex help. My search failed me

Carbide

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Apex X-TX -SOLD
'21 Sidewinder L-TX SE
Ok here goes. I need help from the experts here.
I let a friend ride my 2007 RTX and she ended up in the woods on the oil tank side. (Broke both headlight pod brackets...grrr)

It was immeiately pulsating on it's idle. Got it shut off after about 20 seconds. Will not accelerate. Just continues to pulsate in rpms. Yellow warning light is on and the check engine emblem is showing.
The throttle side grip heater was jammed up into the throttle. Thought that was affecting it but once I got it pulled back and pulled the throttle assembly apart, it all looks fine. The grip heater will need to be replaced but that's irrelevant.

Long story short, got the sled towed back, and tried a few things to reset codes. Found a few different methods but I haven't been able to find a code 64 when scrolling.

Am I looking in the right direction? Anything else I should be looking at?

Ok here goes. I need help from the experts here.
I let a friend ride my 2007 RTX and she ended up in the woods on the oil tank side. (Broke both headlight pod brackets...grrr)

It was immeiately pulsating on it's idle. Got it shut off after about 20 seconds. Will not accelerate. Just continues to pulsate in rpms. Yellow warning light is on and the check engine emblem is showing.
The throttle side grip heater was jammed up into the throttle. Thought that was affecting it but once I got it pulled back and pulled the throttle assembly apart, it all looks fine. The grip heater will need to be replaced but that's irrelevant.

Long story short, got the sled towed back, and tried a few things to reset codes. Found a few different methods but I haven't been able to find a code 64 when scrolling.

Am I looking in the right direction? Anything else I should be looking at?
Something is damaged with the throttle, and the safety is engaged.(TORS) However, it should be showing code 84
Is there some freeplay?

Have you checked the oil tank level? Just experienced something similar, gf got a little squirrelly on an '11 Apex, layed it on the oil tank side. (No damage thankfully-I'll ask her if she is okay later-Ha!) It was running for quite a few seconds before it was turned off. Upon up-righting and starting it, OP-LOW was flashing on the dash(Oil Pressure Low) It would-not take a throttle and then would shut down. Must be a safety feature. I checked the oil tank, and it was showing like it was over-filled to the very top, as soon as I took the dipstick out, instead of being down on the dipstick. After a few times of re-starting and trying to slowly engage the throttle, the light finally went out along with the warning and hasn't missed a beat since. I am assuming that the oil lines got air in them, and was "vapor locking the oil pump" to the engine, until it must have re-primed the oil pump and sucked it back into the motor. Afterwards checked the oil tank and back to normal level. Hopefully it's that simple.

Something is damaged with the throttle, and the safety is engaged.(TORS) However, it should be showing code 84
Is there some freeplay?
There is some freeplay. I will double check for code 84 tomorrow.
Thanks.

Back