• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I think I'm reving a little high?

Smoke

06 Apex Gt with 107 miles on it. On a hard-packed road I'm seeing about 10,700 to 10,800 and about 128mph on the DM. Brand new , I was seeing about 10,500. I've noticed the majority here are struggling to even get to 10,000. Is this normal for so few miles on this sled ? It seems to pull alot harder than my 03 rx-1, but I may be over 11,000 when broken in. Does anyone else have similar results to me???

What happened to short bursts above 8000rpm. I think 10,700 is about the top of where you want to be but it depends on conditions. My RTX needs a long pass to reach anything past 10,200. I think it gets there a little quicker on hard pack. Don't know how much higher it will go, mine hasn't changed much but 128 on DM at 107mi doesn't sound like breaking in anyway.

Smoke said:
06 Apex Gt with 107 miles on it. On a hard-packed road I'm seeing about 10,700 to 10,800 and about 128mph on the DM. Brand new , I was seeing about 10,500. I've noticed the majority here are struggling to even get to 10,000. Is this normal for so few miles on this sled ? It seems to pull alot harder than my 03 rx-1, but I may be over 11,000 when broken in. Does anyone else have similar results to me???
Its normal and even after clutching w/ulmers kit it runs to 10,800 on ice at 3,000 ft and run it like ya stole it,and it will reward you with large smiles on ya face,only the 03/04 had ring issues,you are good to go.. Are you still unstudded??and have you checked your belt length or deflection?? You may want to loosen up your secondary from 80 to 70 i think you have the pink spring my attak has the white and i run it with stock weights at 70 works fine but it still runs 10,700 or more if all is flat and smooth..

The conditions are plowed, hard-packed roads with about an inch of fresh powder on them. I'm studded with 144 megabites. As far as break-in, I washed my belt; warmed up the sled for 15 min. (twice); took it easy varying the throttle and being careful I didn't burn the belt for about 30 miles, then I hammered it. I'm just concerned that once its fully broken in, I'll be over-reving and out of the power band.

No worries! 11,000 wont hurt a thing. Just smile, HIGH RPM = HIGH MPH

On the last trip of my RTX's life she was turning 10,800 and I was backing off. I think it may have run to 11,000 on flat long ice. This was on a rail grade freshly groomed. Yeeeeeeeeeeeemahaaaaaaaaaa.

----Smoke----

You might want to try a little lube on the driven pully bushings. From what i can see they come pretty dry from the factory. 1 drop of oil on both sides should do it. Never seize works even better.

Most sled guys that know there stuff, Do all these little tricks!

Back