• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I waxed my brand new black xtx and it messed up the shroud with micro scatches....Any fix?

I wonder if I heated it up with a heat gun if the gloss would come back...like what they do with motocross fenders and other plastics?

I use the Yamaha plastic cleaner/wax from the stealer. Its a spray can and works good, but will not cover scratches. Your going to get scratches from trees, brush, etc. when out riding I wouldn't worry to much just ride the crap out of it and have fun.

Pete

I tried lemon pledge today on the bad shroud with a micro fiber cloth and it appears to put micro scratches in the shroud also....

I guess I will just leave the new shroud alone and paint the scratched shroud then clear coat. When the new shroud gets scratched up I will just use the painted one....

Thanx for all the advise.

I use this on my bikes & sleds, it works great- filled in a few light scratches also with couple applications.

WalMart, like $10
image.jpg

Forget about it. First ride with a cover is going to destroy your hood and first gas spilled on the tank shroud will ruin it as well.

I've yet to find a cover that doesn't eventually wreck a hood's finish. The padded ones are better, but not perfect, especially if you have ice on your sled. Yami uses softer plastics so they don't break when it gets seriously cold.

OTM

White, red and black. Use I on the windshield too. I would have to believe the cloth would cause more scratches than the pledge product.

I used a microfiber cloth I think because it's black it shows more of the micro scratches
It only scratches the shroud and the plastic around the gas tank

Back