• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Improved Gas Milage 07 Attack GT

whitedust1

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
Had new donuts installed under warranty in Spring 09 on my 07 150 4s Apex Attack GT then stored all season until now. First 2 rides this year both 100 mile rides & got 16+ then 15+ miles per gallon. Last year & year before mired around 12.5 miles per gallon but a few times jumped to 14 miles per gallon. When dealer installed donuts there was a problem with a kinked gas tank vent line that kept ballooning the gas tank until we found the problem. I have been easing into higher speeds & ready for WOT riding now so lighter on throttle but hit triple digits on trail today. Now I'm wondering what caused the improved gas milage? Any ideas? What milage are you getting with Apex GT Attacks or Apex LTXGTs?

It all depends on what you do with your thumb,i have seen good & bad,its all been fun.FITCH FUEL CATALYSTS helped me out little.

Avg is 13 to 16 mpg...a lot of factors come in to play, weather the colder it gets the more fuel you use oils and grease are thicker/stiffer, snow conditions fluffy to heavy or marginal amounts will create more friction on track and HYFAX'S needing more power, SPEED its like any other performance engine the more you push that FLIPPER the more you need of the liquid GOLD! but who cares when you compare to a 2 SMOKE avg 10-12mpg if your lucky + OIL at $40-50/gal and DOWNTIME/shorter life of motor. I'm not complaining since I've switched to :4STroke: ;)!

Back