• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Innovate MTX-L Error E8

Dimebag

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Hi guys,

Just been out riding, and on the way home i got the E8 error on the display.
Stopped the engine and fired her up again, and everything seems normal.
After about 10 minutes the error came back again.

Is it possible that the O2 sensor failed after only 150 kms?

Its a LC-1 wideband sensor.

Thanks

Could be. Try resetting the LC1. Directions how to on there web site...if that's not it then you have a bad bosch sensor...

Dimebag said:
I will try to reset it. If they are only gonna last 150 kms, thats 20 sensors each season :flag:

I have only gone through two sensors in the past two seasons. If moisture gets trapped in the sensor it will cause damage. Were do you have the bung located?

Here it is;

314745_10150386477090733_628715732_10320824_1676265584_n.jpg

That will work, but it's better to have the bung close to the header, less moisture and more accurate reading...

Check the grounds, also do you let the sensor warm up before starting your sled the first time each ride?

I do not let the sensor warm up longer then the time the fuel pump uses before it stops.

The Innovate manual says not to warm up the sensor before firing engine, because condensation may occur.

Right off my CD manual..

Error 8

Error Message-
Sensor Timing error (typically a damaged sensor).

Likely root cause-
1.Sensor overheating. (The Bosch LSU4.2 is rated to operate at a sensor housing temperature of < 900 degrees (measured at the bung) for maximum accuracy and control. When this operating temperature range is exceeded, the sensor can no longer be accurately controlled. )

2.Sensor is damaged

The Fix-
1.a. Perform sensor heater recalibration; b. Move your sensor bung as far downstream as possible. Right before the cat, or 2-3 feet from the end of the tailpipe are good locations; c. Add a heatsink to isolate the sensor from the pipe. The HBX-1 is an available accessory.

2.Replace sensor.

Thanks, i ordered a new sensor yesterday. I will try to calibrate the one i have before the weekend.

Zakre.. Do you let the sensor heat everytime you start the engine, or just the first time you start the sled before a ride?

I try to let the senor go through its cycle evertime I start the sled. But there are times when this is just not possible :)

Tell me about it. Hehe.

I got a response from the seller i got the kit from, and there is no warranty on o2 sensors.

Anyone tried the brake cleaner trick for testing sensors?

Dimebag said:
Thanks, i ordered a new sensor yesterday. I will try to calibrate the one i have before the weekend.

Zakre.. Do you let the sensor heat every time you start the engine, or just the first time you start the sled before a ride?

Spot on! Its in my car but only on a cold start do I let it warm up, if I have run it that day and the engine has gotten up to temperature once I don't bother. I am not sure what is right but I have read the LC1 sensor(Bosch) is a temperamental one and my concensus was guys who warmed it up have had less issues. I might just call innovate and see what they say about this.

How often do you recalibrate it? I tend to do it once a month in the car.

Back