• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Insurance ?

That brings up two questions.

1. How much is the Cat Z1T going to cost to insure?
2. How much is the Doo 4Tec going to cost to insure?

insurance

Have a new nytro fx and I changed the insurance from my 07 apexer and the cost was the same.65.00 for liability for the year.I am in upstate ny and I have insurance thru AmericanModern Home Insurance Company.Do not have any other policy with them.

Everything in my life is Insured via USAA, 08 Nytro MTX costs me $302.02 for 6 months (November-May). My agent said that the killer wasn't the cost/value of the sled, it was the collision. Apparently a lot of people run into other people on sleds and that's what pumps rates up.

Part of the problem which was mentioned earlier is that not all of the insurance companies are going by horespower. Some go by displacement and that puts you in a bad spot. Example........a few years back I got a quote from some comapny of $1300 for an 06 nytro and $5-something for an 06f7, reason being the f7 was under 700cc so it bypassed the huge surcharge on sleds 701cc and larger. I am with mmg insurance in maine and many of the agents are active snowmobilers so a few years ago there policies were changed. My 07rtx only cost me about $35 more per YEAR then my 06F7 , they charge me $275 per year full coverage for sled but discounted my pickup 150 per year for adding the sled on, so all in all I only pay 125 per year for my rtx I guess you could say, havent quoted my xtx yet

heres something amusing, using progressives online quoter.

i can put in ANY model yamaha (yes, even enticer) and 1050 cc and always get the exact same quote cost..
$695 for a year.
1k deduct, everything else set lowest and or to none, $3000 accessory coverage.

so clearly progressive is ONLY going by CC.

using 600 cc, it turns into $321 / year, everything else set the same..
using 700 cc, it turns into $426 / yr...

using 600 cc WITH turbo, $489 / yr...
so for say, 6 months (42.89/mo + 1$ fee/mo after $81.30 initial) it'd be $300.75

so, with progressive i'm better off with a "non" turbo, and just increasing my accessory coverage instead? /boggle

600cc, NO turbo, 25k person, 50k accident, 15k property, 1k deducts, $5k acc. coverage: $354/yr
(31.29/mo + 1$ fee/mo after $58.80 initial) $220.25 for 6 months

I have an 06 Apex, 05 Rev 600, 08 Nytro, and an 08 XP 500ss. My total cost from Metropolitan is 376 a year for all 4 sleds. That includes fire, theft, collision and comp with 250 deductable. I have My house and My vehicles with them and a clean driving record.

I paid $415.00 last year for full coverage on $10,500. The deductible was $500.00. This is a stand alone policy with no vehicles or home included. I used one of our underwriters/brokers which ended up getting the policy through grinnel mutual reinsurance co. in IOWA. State Farm rapes people on insurance of any kind. My suggestion is to go through a broker of some sort. When I quoted with insurance companies directly they ranged from $1,000 to $2,900. The other key is to have your agent write the policy with a 6 month layup period which for instance mine runs April 15th-September 15th. With this the sled is still insured with full coverage but at a reduced rate because you aren't riding during this period. If we have snowfalls within that time they will write binders to cover the few days we may have snow. I was 23 at the time and 24 this season, so next year it should really go down when i'm 25. When you go over 1000cc's the rates go way up no matter what the value is or the brand.

I use MetLife. I have two autos, homeowner's, Umbrella policy and sled insurance all through them.

Full liability and comprehensive coverage for a 2005 Vector ER and 2009 FX Nytro RTX SE + 2plc covered trailer costs me $290/yr. 25,000/50,000 liability, $250 deductible, full year coverage.

well when i bought my 05 war in 06 i had to put full coverage on it here in ontario. no one could touch td insurance price of $689.00 for 1 year full coverage. now i still have 3 sleds with them (97 et410, 01 sx500r and 05 war) all with only plpd(comprehensive), fire and theft and the bill for all 3 sleds for the year is $728.00. no one in ontario can touch these prices.

they only have all my toys (4 wheeler, 2 bikes and 3 sleds) and my agent for truck insurance will not even try to match their quotes because they are always $2-300.00 cheaper than anyone else.

Back