• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

internet race

brian73

Pro
Sled 1: 03 yamaha rx1 slightly moded
Air box mod
192 studs
121. 1 1/4 ripsaw
Drag n fly clutches set up with turks help
Carbs sync'ed
Sc 3 skid
cr10ek plugs
Coils just cleaned
fresh belt

Sled 2: 09 skidoo mxz 800r (p-tek) 144 inch track
Bone stock except for 2 studs per lug

Loser buys the guy and his wife steak dinner and of course bragging rights.

Who will win?

A buddy and I will race one day just want to know if I will win (yamaha) or him (skidoo)

P.s. He only wants to race till 100 mph

Did he make it into a 144" they come stock in 120,137,146,154,163" tracks.
Sorry but i'm betting on the doo.

Maybe He said 137. That is not good answer for my wallet. Any other add on besides boost you can recomend. Does any body know where I can get an upgraded cdi box, if I still can.

I've run many times against my buddies 800 Doo Crankshop improver.
The only time I've lost to him was 2 years ago when my exhaust donuts were shot. Mods are in my signature.

Fullback said:
I've run many times against my buddies 800 Doo Crankshop improver.
The only time I've lost to him was 2 years ago when my exhaust donuts were shot. Mods are in my signature.

What are volicity rings? And where do I get them if they help. This is not even about the steak dinner.

I picked up the velocity rings from Supertuner who is no longer in business.
They glued on to form "velocity stacks" on the carb intakes.
They were supposed to be good for 1-2 horse more in the grass.
I didn't notice a difference but they sure didn't hurt.
I've also heard you can just use the original carb boots.... not sure.

What is your gearing and his? If his is a mountain he is going to be geared low so he may take you off the line but you should reel him in. I am betting you will win with my air box mod with Turks clutching.

Sled Dog said:
What is your gearing and his? If his is a mountain he is going to be geared low so he may take you off the line but you should reel him in. I am betting you will win with my air box mod with Turks clutching.

Both sleds have stock gearing. I want to win so bad I Am so close to going out and buying a $1000 exhaust system LOL. Should I keep the race 0-100 mph or make it 1000 feet?

I would make sure to do hard packed trail with your 121 and try to talk him into a 1/4 mile or 1000 feet minimum. Tell him you need the extra length because your track is so much shorter than his. On an ungroomed unpacked loose snow open field you will lose. You have to hook up to beat him and hard packed is your best bet.

Thanks that is what I was thinking also. I so not like that 0-100 thing because how so I know if He go 100 or when He did.

Back