• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

iPhone mount above stock gauges

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
Has anyone mounted their iPhone above the stock gauges? I'm trying to figure out how to do it but would like to see what others have done.

Thanks

Has anyone mounted their iPhone above the stock gauges? I'm trying to figure out how to do it but would like to see what others have done.

Thanks
Rockerdan mounted his to riser looks good he has it on his build

Yes but I'd rather have it where I can see it.
Ive been radaring/speed running for a long long time....the critical info below riser is best ive ever had now.

Before when tucked, i would always need to look from under left grip, and try to see gauges.

Now when tucked, my iPhone is right there, and I can adjust it off the left with ram ball mount.

Putting an iPhone up above the gauges is not a good spot at all. For that far away you need iPad.

Dan

Yes but I'd rather have it where I can see it.
I put mine in an aqua box on a ram mount above gauges. Works ok...but touch screen doesn’t work through garmin aqua box. I usually just keep it in my pocket and check logs when testing. When trail riding, looking at boost and afr not really that important to me. BUT I am thinking about ordering the case rocker Dan used..if I could actually use the touch screen I may keep it up there as I also run the rider x trail map app.

Ive been radaring/speed running for a long long time....the critical info below riser is best ive ever had now.

Before when tucked, i would always need to look from under left grip, and try to see gauges.

Now when tucked, my iPhone is right there, and I can adjust it off the left with ram ball mount.

Putting an iPhone up above the gauges is not a good spot at all. For that far away you need iPad.

Dan
I have the handlebar mount and I just can't see it well enough. I've wedged my iPhone above my gauges and it's perfect for me but hit a bump and she goes flying lol so for me I prefer it to be in my line of site.

I put mine in an aqua box on a ram mount above gauges. Works ok...but touch screen doesn’t work through garmin aqua box. I usually just keep it in my pocket and check logs when testing. When trail riding, looking at boost and afr not really that important to me. BUT I am thinking about ordering the case rocker Dan used..if I could actually use the touch screen I may keep it up there as I also run the rider x trail map app.
Do u have any pics?

FA1F8AFE-6F04-4615-AFF1-3C1C65AB2FC5.jpeg

How is it mounted? I have a similar case.
Ram 1” ball diamond plates and short arm. I 3D printed the Arkon adapter but Dan has a link to one in his build thread.

APRM2T
712FmgK22OL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/ARKON-T-Tab-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01MXQQWF3

Where you mount your screens is quite subjective. I experiment with this at least every other year. I have my Garmin on the bars and I don't think I would want it above my gauge. I mounted the Arkon case there because I considered this supplemental gauge info related to my tune and data logging. It turns out the iMotoneige app is much easier to quickly get distances and routes when trail riding in Quebec so I spent a lot of relying on the iPhone X over the Garmin but used the Garmin's trip computer info.

I had planned to use my old iPhone 6 plus but it wouldn't cooperate so I threw my new X in there and it worked perfectly except I go ZERO data logs from my flasher. The 6Plus was a struggle to zip the case up too. Back in the drawer for it.

Last edited:
How did ya mont the camera mans orange chair to the front bumper

Back