• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it normal for my apex to have a little "hickup"

Blue Oval said:
Shanks, let me know what # you are bringing it up to. I am experiencing the same on my machine. I just did RockerDan's air box lid and I need to richen mine up a bit. there seems to be a flat spot/bog with mine too.
I'm assuming 0 is the starting point on all cyl.? Maybe go up to 10? thanks Doug
I think you can adjust all the way up to 30 per,we did the lid on my 06 apex in 06 and had to richen all the way up,but it works,and after talking to my bud who had the 06 gt with no air box mod he had to richen his 20 points or so.

mnmsnowbeast said:
Blue Oval said:
Shanks, let me know what # you are bringing it up to. I am experiencing the same on my machine. I just did RockerDan's air box lid and I need to richen mine up a bit. there seems to be a flat spot/bog with mine too.
I'm assuming 0 is the starting point on all cyl.? Maybe go up to 10? thanks Doug
I think you can adjust all the way up to 30 per,we did the lid on my 06 apex in 06 and had to richen all the way up,but it works,and after talking to my bud who had the 06 gt with no air box mod he had to richen his 20 points or so.
RockerDan said he went to 45, so I'll start low and see how it is. Thanks!

Its been so long since i did mine,i cannot recall the max you can go to ,but i think i went to MAX i could.

I never had any stumble from my ramair though....but still added as much as i could and its been there since sled was new now.

Dan

I got my airbox tightened up on that one cylinder. Im planning on heading out for a good ride tomorrow morning so we'll see how it is. If Its still stumbling, Ill make some adjustments and see how it goes.

rehm70 said:
you can go up or down 100 on each cyl.

Interesting....cause that was what i thought,but its been so long...

i believe i tried +99 ,then ended up going with midway (+45) ....i recall not really feeling much change though,so dont look for alot of difference here.

dan

I didn't end up making any changes. Its not enough of a problem for me to mess with right now and Im planning on installing a yamacharger this summer so I'll be messing with stuff then.. I'm just gunna run it for now..

bog

Mine does the same thing but only when its cold, drove up to a drift bank pined her, the skis whent up and she sputtered like hell, so the paperclip should fix this?

I tryed it, started with +10, still there. Made my way to +100, still there, tryed -10 still there. My rpms go to 11,000 with my proline kit.

I was looking it to doing this with mine, has the FIX ram air and ultra Q exaust. One Question is do the setting stay on all the time. or once you shut it down do they go away and you have to start over?

When you put them in they stay there, mine was at 0, went to 10 then went for a ride looked at it and it was still at 10.

Back