• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is the Bender Exhaust too loud?

z06vette1

Veteran
I was looking into the Bender exhaust for my 07 Attack, Will this be too loud to keep from getting noise tickets? I appreciate the private land owners who let us use their property for our trail systems. I don't want to be that guy that is obnoxiously loud! Any input would be appreciated

type in "yamaha apex" on you tube and theres a clip with an apex with the bender trail system.....very loud

I not a fan of loud pipes on sleds at all.
Ive never heard the bender pipe but one of the guys we ride with has a turbo apex with the excel exhaust. Its not overly loud or offensive at all.

I have the bender Mtn, Never heard the Trail version * in person* But this one is Loud. sounds very Good IMO. and apperntly to many others. If you get the Mtn one and see alot of PoePoe. Id plan on paying sum tickets!

Bender Exhaust

I too am considering the Bender Trail exhaust. The Huawk exhaust is obnoxiously loud. The Excell is too loud too, but of course would be much quieter behind a turbo, but how many people run turbos?

I'm not sure if the video on U-Tube is Bendor Mtn or trail..
Michigan has a new Law 88 decibels stationary 50' behind sled with parking brake on and 4,000 rpms.
The old Law was 76 DB passing by meter at 90 degree angle 50 feet away and wide open. This one was hard to measure and enforce.
Now I think they can write you a $100.00 ticket on the spot.

I have the bender trail and it isnt that loud. It sounds good but isnt the least bit offensive.

Its loudest when you brap the throttle, like the guy in the youtube video. Thats why hes doing it!

I also have the Bender exhaust. I love it! It's hard to judge the noise level on a Youtube vid. The other guys in my group can hear my if the're right behind me, but thats it. I can easliiy keep the noise down when you need to. I live in a neighborhood hat doesn't see sled travel, adn many times I'm coming home at 3 AM, and my wife says that it's not too loud when I come into the yard.
I've been to Mercer many times with them, nd have never had the noise police after me! My old ZRT 600 was wwwwaaayyyyy louder than these and it was all stock.
Go for it!!

my bro just bought a used rx1 with a bender exhaust,sounds really good and is really loud,he ran it for a week then he swapped it for the stock exhaust,he likes it much better now,i guess we all have our preferences,i think with all the landowners that are nice enough to let us use theyre land all winter long,in return,they dont need screaming engines going by there house

Any idea on the weight savings if any with the bender exhaust? I have my sled torn down and i cant find any decent reviews on the few exhausts that are made for the Apex? I have found the Skinz exhaust and seat kit.. the bender exhaust and the Tachycardi Exhaust but no reviews? Any suggestions or ideas?

Who makes a good flowing exhaust thats not too loud. I want an exhaust that makes hp and does not piss off land owners

You live in West Seneca NY, ya can't get much more residential than that! And You are right! Sled noise is the biggest complaint from our landowners, so if you do respect them as you claim, don't do it please, or at least stay in Erie county, or maybe buy some property of your own so no one can complain.

The Bender Race version is very loud. I had one on my Apex for a few weeks and sold it. Just too loud for me. Sounded great WOT climbing a hill and at idle it sounds like a drag car, but at trail speed it was like someone was driving needles in my ears. If I had my time back I should have gotten the trail version. It is about 1/2 the weight of the stock exhaust. If you trail ride a lot I would stay away from it. In the back country no one really cares.

Back