• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is the WPSA Done?

minks_698

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper MTX 141
WPSA announced the canceling of their highly acclaimed summer ATV tour. AC and SD had $$$ tied up in the series with their quadterrain and moto racing teams - and many other manufacturers.
This series had a television package and everything, I know I loved watching it.
Could their Sno-X series be done also?
Who will take over for national level snocross racing if they fold up completely?
Yamaha was just finally starting to get more involved - :o|

maybe the big 4 (and more in atv's) will get together and try to find (start) a sanctioning body and get a title sponsor. or it will die, and you may only see the regional series. didn't the wpsa cancel a couple races this year, way early by the way. maybe they were doing so bad they didn't have the dough to run all of them. who knows? i figured something was up when speed ran 27 versions of the first race of the season and none of the rest were shown.

Vernon Downs in NY was a lack of snow situation and the Horse track people were going through some very bad times as well.

Nick from Curve Ski's http://www.curvexs.com/ broke his azz aligning 300 truck loads of snow out of the Onieda County Airport so the show could go on but the other track owner problems just compiled to the point of cancellation.

Thanks for trying so hard Nick! ;)!

Official press release...........

Powersports Entertainment, Inc. Suspends Operations
Cancels 2008 WPSA ATV Racing Schedule
White Bear Lake, MN (5/1/2008) - PowerSports Entertainment, Inc. announced today that it is has suspended corporate operations and as a result the WPSA 2008 PowerSports ATV Tour race schedule is now canceled.

"All of us here at the WPSA regret that we have no choice but to suspend operations and cancel the ATV tour at this time," said Rick Murphy, CEO of PowerSports Entertainment Inc. "We have been working diligently for many months to fundamentally improve our business model and acquire financing that would allow us to move forward, but we were not able to consummate the contemplated transactions and we foresee no significant increases in sponsorship or event revenue that would gap the projected deficits" added Murphy.

"While the company is considering a variety of options, none of these options would happen quickly enough to justify running the WPSA Championship ATV Tour according to our established standards and we believe that it is best to cancel the 2008 ATV season rather than attempt a watered down version," said Scott O'Malley, President of PEI. Adding, "We are attempting to find remedies that would allow us to resume operations, but at this time we have no firm solutions. Hopefully we will be successful in our endeavors."

"On behalf of Rick, Scott, Tes, myself, the WPSA staff, our volunteers and everyone else who worked their tails off to make the last two seasons happen, we offer our heartfelt thank you to the sponsors, our TV production company, the track owners & their local crews, the team owners, and all of our racers, parents and families who supported us so strongly," said Kent Lungstrom, EVP of PEI. "It deeply saddens all of us that we are not in a position to continue at this time and we regret that we have to shutter such a great series after much too short a run."

PEI may issue public announcements from time to time in the future as conditions warrant.

that sucks. i heard they are getting bought out. buy who i dont know. if its true i dont know either. only time will tell.

i know it's way too earl to speculate and summer hasn't even started really but does anyone think the factory teams would go cross country racing then or do you think they would find a way to sno-cross race, even if it's at a regional level.

id imagine they would do regional races. they raced quite a few regional races this year even when they weren't wpsa sanctioned. all the pros are goin to have to find some circuit to race in and id imagine that yamaha would be right along side with the majority of the other big names.

Here's the latest news that I've found.....

ISOC RACING NAMED NEW SNOWMOBILE RACE CIRCUIT
(5/6/2008)
Press Release -

We are excited to announce ISOC Racing as the New Snowmobile National Race Circuit .

After many meetings and careful review of the ISOC Racing's business plan, we have made an unanimous decision as Team Owners, supported by Manufacturers to work with ISOC Racing Circuit at a Regional and National level.

John Daniels and the ISOC bring us as Team Owners, Manufacturers, Sponors and Racers a pumped-up experienced crew ready to take snowmobile racing to the next level .

We will have an excellent television schedule, increased payouts, a full National and Regional Race Schedule.

WPSA has ended its tenure building a venue for snowmobile racing and we thank them for all they have done over the years for racing and the snowmobile industry.

John Daniels and his crew at ISOC will take over from here and the future of snowmobile racing couldn't be brighter!

There is so much excitement preparing for the new year and all we can acheive working together.

Let's give John and his crew our complete support and we will all win!!!!

Look for a press release soon from the ISOC Crew with more details and let's go racing!!

Back