• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is there ANYONE who thinks I should get an xtx

romie

Extreme
Posted here last month for convincing arguments to buy a nytro xtx next year rather than a new cat. I can't believe the messages I received telling me to get a cat. Some here and some off board. All this talk about cats issues when it sounds like the nytro and yami have plenty of their own. My cats have been very reliable. My bubble has been burst as I had my heart set on a 2012 xtx. I am pullin the trigger this week so if you love your nytro let me know, no bs. How does it stack up against cats 1100 non turbo. Thanks, Romie. :rocks:

romie said:
Posted here last month for convincing arguments to buy a nytro xtx next year rather than a new cat. I can't believe the messages I received telling me to get a cat. Some here and some off board. All this talk about cats issues when it sounds like the nytro and yami have plenty of their own. My cats have been very reliable. My bubble has been burst as I had my heart set on a 2012 xtx. I am pullin the trigger this week so if you love your nytro let me know, no bs. How does it stack up against cats 1100 non turbo. Thanks, Romie. :rocks:
Anyone

I rode the 07 non trubo cat. i went the demo ride this year i loved the xtx nitro it had more power than the cat can't say about the 2012 thow same hp as the 07 the nitro was way more fun to ride just my 2cents. artic cat doesn't have demo rides.buy the picture first and pay for it. :yam:

I like the wifes XTX after a little work on setup and adding some wheels and better skis she loves it and I like riding it when we trade. Lol and the best part about yamaha is Y.E.S yamaha has your back.

no one really knows...

I dont think you could compare the xtx to a new f1100 the f-cats are a different style sled all together, 128" track to a 144" is no comparison... I havent ridden a new cat but I can say the xtx is a fine machine, once you ajust the suspension and get new skis it is a fun machine to ride. I was always a cat guy before I bought my xtx at a very good price. no one really knows how these new sleds will perform (except the lucky few that have ridden the new chassis) and untill I hear from real world riders this next winter about the new cats I will be sticking with my xtx.

Without having ridden a new f1100, it is hard to tell. The XTX is a known quantity but better compares to the XF 1100. I spoke to my Suzuki/Arctic Cat dealer yesterday and he wasn't that stoked about the F1100. He said it felt weak off the low end and that the motor didn't come alive until 30 mph. He said he was also at 8000' so it would have more power at sea level. He said the chassis was nice and it handled well.

Sounds to me like it could be the opposite of the XTX. Where the XTX makes good power, it doesn't handle as good as the competition while the F1100 wouldn't have the power but handle well.

I've pretty much talked myself out of wanting an F1100 for XC racing. Unless they are really cheap on the race program, I don't want to be a 1st year guinea pig and I've read no online reviews that say anything positive about the 1100's power.

The 1100 twin does seem to have a good reputation for reliability, so that's a positive. I suspect there will be a bunch of them sitting around collecting dust in showrooms next spring. Most riders don't want a 4 stroke.

Back