• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

just bought my first nytro xtx 2010

spark plug

guys just wondering is there anything i can buy short of a turbo to see 110mph on my xtx on gps.also what do i need to buy for up grades on the 2010xtx are these bushings a must in the a arms.buying the new simmons flexi gen 3 also looking at the excell full system if its the best for power gains.iam new to yamaha and verry excited about this sled.also looking at clutch kits but not sure whos is the best.and are these sleds bad for blowing belts.i just sold my 1000r xfire so i know all about blowing belts and clutch allignment issues.thanks guys just like some feed back

Welcome to site...I have same machine in my fleet. The biggest gain I find is 6.9 pilots for skis. I'm also going to try C&A XTX skis as I do like the XTs on my Apex and are better for aggressive riding. The simmons skis I believe will work great as well. I also installed a trail tank, which is a must to get range that I need, but the 28L tank may be good enough for most. You might get your 110 gps mph on good ice if your well maintained, and there is nothing wrong with the stock clutching from what I find. Belt life seems good so far so I wouldn't venture away from stock clutching to far as that could change.
Allot of small teething problems were addressed for 2010 so its a good year for an XTX.
where are you from?

Dan

thanks dan iam from eastern canada thanks for your reply.i not familiar with yamaha so iam sure i will have a learning curve with there clutching and add ons.but i also have alot of faith in there sleds.i was in the market for a new sled this year and switched brands.i have found out from last year that a nytro with 130hp is verry impressive.i will be putting a mcxpress on it next year.just not in the buget this year.

Welcome. You will love that sled after you add boost! Your on the right track with the other things you are talking about. Aftermarket ski's would be my first change. Then just ride it a little while and dial it in to the way you like to ride. It may not be to your liking out of the box, but with a little seat time, and fine tuning, you will love that sled more every time you ride it. Good Luck and have a great winter.

if you want 110 you dont need boost...get an excell headeer...pc3 and filters....with a clutch kit...ulmer racing a site advertiser here has a complete kit bolt in that will rock...

hey spark plug if your new to the yams one thing is those motors dont wake up until they get a couple grand on the clock

thanks alot guys appricate your input.2000 miles til broke in thats about 2 years running for me.

I was looking for an apex before also...just needed something to ride...sled is light and fast...everything works well...I have a direction I want to go in...

out for first ride love this sled 4 stroke is awsome.pushes in the turns and likes to dart on the trail.but iam sure the simmons will fix the problem.any tips on suspension set up.i think front shocks are to stiff but if i loosen them off might screw up the skid shock adjustment.iam looking for a plush ride.thanks

I just installed hygear tripple rate springs and I wuld say the front end is about perfect. It just sucked up everything I could throw at it and also dropped the front end which helped with the handling. They are not really cheap but I would recomend it.

see my post under a sticky posted by another under suspension setup ...

in short...loosen front springs while front end is up in the air to rattle loose then tighten a couple turns...measure threads remaining each side..if youre over 200 lbs...turn in center spring ...start with an inch tigher...you can always add more from there...torsion springs to med / med or med /soft unless you are much lighter...swap spindle bushings wider to outside...use forward hole on simmons mount for less darting (more trail)...you can always move back for more bite (less trail more prone to hunt)....turn all compression and rebound counter clockwise to full soft (dont over loosen or can cause a leak.) after full soft go in one just to make sure you arent beyond range...you will add compression after hitting rough terrain...to your liking..

transfer nuts should start at 1/3rd transfer (closer to full couple compared to full transfer) more transfer makes skid plusher in the trail chatter...but makes the front end looser and more prone to ski lift...less transfer will couple skid making both shocks have to react together (slower) but less susceptable to bottoming on big bumps and keeps skis planted in corners...
male sure you stay within the red marks on the rods as you can easily strip the nuts....both have to be adjusted equally....

you can move the sway bar link to the forward hole on the a arm to "set" the sway bar sooner and increase ratio..

Happy tuning!

simmons ski tuning on next episode lol

Back