• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just jumped ship, no more doo's for me.

Bamboo

Lifetime Member
Hello all, just wanted to say that I'm so excited. My wife and I snow checked two 09 FX Nitro X-TX'X this past friday. One white and one blue. Last season we spent way to much time fixing 2 stroke's skidoo's. No more. Looking forward to not stinking of oil.

cheers

I did the same thing got ridd of my 800xp and snow checked a rtxse cant wait no more stink and peace of mind that its not going to break down

red800rev said:
I did the same thing got ridd of my 800xp and snow checked a rtxse cant wait no more stink and peace of mind that its not going to break down

amen! I had 3 motors go on me this year.

You guys will be more then happy with the new Nytro's. I rode my Nytro for 2600 trouble free miles with not even a blown belt. This sled will please you to all ends. Give it time and more guys will be crossing over with you.

Question for guys with the Doo's......

Did you guys have the new XP's? Other than the fixing...how were they when they were running?

I had a couple of REV's and I really liked the weight and handling. I didn't like the repairs. :o|

Congrats on ordering your new Yamahas and welcome. You're going to love them. I made the switch 2 years ago and love my 07 Nytro.

BTW, what made you guys consider the Nytros over the new BRP 1200?

rxwonder said:

Did you guys have the new XP's? Other than the fixing...how were they when they were running?

I had a couple of REV's and I really liked the weight and handling. I didn't like the repairs. :o|

I just ordered a new XTX. I have had Rev X's for the past 5 years and now Yamaha has something that has my attention. I ride between 10 and 12,000 km. (6000 to 7500 miles) per season. I like to have reliable equipment to ride. Doo has let me down recently. I like light weight, but not if it is going to cost me reliability. With doo, I have to rebuild the engine after 1 season of riding (if it doesn't blow up first) because it won't last the second season. Looking forward to the good old Yamaha reliability!

The XP's are a blast to ride! I put a couple hunded miles on a Nytro and it doesn't handle or ride as good as a XP, but it is close and you are pretty sure that the Nytro will get you home at the end of the day....the XP is a different story! :4STroke:

rxwonder said:

I came from the old ZX chassis mxz 800 it was a fun ride. Never liked the rev or the xp. When they ran it was great but that was the issue. Weight was never a issue with me if your stuck your stuck it sucks period.

Heres my take on why I switched to blue I had a 05 800 rev and I loved it when the xp came out I jumped at it, well I am a firm believer in lightweight but the xp was too unstable in the bumps it never felt settled in the bumps it was too twitchy ,my 05 800 was rock solid in the bumps ,my dealer told me that doo race guys were adding 30 lbs to the front of the race sleds to make them more stable just think it was too light in the front I hope my nytro rides like my 05 rev,plus it ate belts ,no hand warmers ,broke a drive shaft, running boards were bending and I got sick of the smell

Back