• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just jumped ship, no more doo's for me.

I cant wait! If the only thing I need to do is play a bit with suspension settings to get the ride right thats awesome. I have also ordered Simmons skis with 6" carbides on the outside and 4" on the inside.

Welcome to all new guys and gals to the site!

The thread has provided very interesting reading.

I am a touring guy that did have a chance to ride all the sleds this spring and was quite impressed with the FX Nytro's especially the XTX.

Two points come to mind. Many may have different opinions on the points, but here is my 2 cents.

Point 1. Those coming over from 2 strokes, take some time to read the owners manual and understand in some detail the 4 stroke machine you have just purchased, especially the motor. I know some would strongly disagree and say "Nah break the engine in the way you are going to ride it"! I have gone by the book regarding engine break in, and have changed the oil per book recommendations and also put fresh oil in the machine for the summer. I have put 36,033 trouble free miles on the original factory engine in four seasons.

Side note: This equals 22 oil changes and at 18 mpg = 2,000 gallons of gas has been burned by this "bullet proof" motor.

Point 2. Be patient with your suspension set up. It may take you a couple of rides and a couple of hundred miles to get everything dialed in for your riding style and comfort level.

If you take some time breaking in the motor and adjusting the suspension to what you prefer, you should be a very happy camper blasting down the trails.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your new rides! ;)!

hondo said:
Welcome to all new guys and gals to the site!

The thread has provided very interesting reading.

I am a touring guy that did have a chance to ride all the sleds this spring and was quite impressed with the FX Nytro's especially the XTX.

Two points come to mind. Many may have different opinions on the points, but here is my 2 cents.

Point 1. Those coming over from 2 strokes, take some time to read the owners manual and understand in some detail the 4 stroke machine you have just purchased, especially the motor. I know some would strongly disagree and say "Nah break the engine in the way you are going to ride it"! I have gone by the book regarding engine break in, and have changed the oil per book recommendations and also put fresh oil in the machine for the summer. I have put 36,033 trouble free miles on the original factory engine in four seasons.

Side note: This equals 22 oil changes and at 18 mpg = 2,000 gallons of gas has been burned by this "bullet proof" motor.

Point 2. Be patient with your suspension set up. It may take you a couple of rides and a couple of hundred miles to get everything dialed in for your riding style and comfort level.

If you take some time breaking in the motor and adjusting the suspension to what you prefer, you should be a very happy camper blasting down the trails.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your new rides! ;)!

I'm also a street bike rider. So the tech is not unfamiliar. But unfamiliar in a snowmobile. I'm very excited to change over to the 4S word on snow. I plan on knowing the ins and outs of the sled fully. I have already ordered the service manual from my dealer. I don't feel comfortable on a sled unless i know how it works and is fixed if needed.

I am Yamadoo bcz I came from Doo.

I had great experience with Doo (3 of them over 5 yrs or so )and changed to Yamaha in 98 bcz of an unbelievable deal. $

I used to have great pride in the ROTAX motors and have been surprised by the percieved high failure rate. I have never seen any true industry rates. At that time doo was known as heavy and reliable motors. lol

Any way I have loved my Yamaha's and the 4 stroke even more than the 2s. I hope you guys love these sleds.

The sleds will NOT feel like a Rev but ride it set it up and it will be a great Apex, Nytro and do what it is designed to do. Don't try and make an Apex a ditch banger, it was designed to be a trail cruiser extrodenaire and it is. Nyto XTX should be a great crossover but will not be a REV it is a Nytro

Enough said. You will love the turn key and go and so reliable. I have 11000, 8000, and 4500 on my three Yamaha and have always made it home.

Oh yea I did have a stud through the heat exchanger at >100 mph I am pretty sure that was Yamaha's fault. ;)!

Have fun

Yamadoo

Long summer coming

Bamboo said:
I cant wait! If the only thing I need to do is play a bit with suspension settings to get the ride right thats awesome. I have also ordered Simmons skis with 6" carbides on the outside and 4" on the inside.

you will love the simmons skis i have a pair and they are awesome. :Rockon:

fxnytrortx3 said:
Bamboo said:

you will love the simmons skis i have a pair and they are awesome. :Rockon:

They actually just arrived yesterday. Ordered them from MCB Performance
http://www.mcbperformance.com/ Matt is a awesome guy. Had allot of colours to choose from. Cant wait to try them out. I'm not even going to try the stock skis, Going to put on the Simmons skis way before the snow falls.

Bamboo,
You should update your profile to include your location. The moderators have been requesting that of everybody.

AS far as the suspension set up, like Hondo said, take the time and read the manual. Not just for engine break-in (which I may be a little hasty with) but the manual will help you to understand the basic functions of the suspensions. Take it with a grain of salt though, get the real deal here!!
Whatever you do , in my opinion, dont rush your suspension setup unless you know for sure that it's way off. I played with my Apex right away because I knew I was too fat for it :) but I've got almost 1000 miles on my Nytro, and I still can't decide if there is any reason to change anything. All I've done is the ski rubber trick and front shock pressure, but haven't turned a screw on the other settings. First decide what kind of rider you are, then read up, then start slowly. DON'T be in a hurry to re-invent the wheel. as you get used to the sled, it'll come to you.

Back