• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just picked up a 05 rage

STORM-CHASER

TY 4 Stroke Guru
well Just picked up a 05 rage for the wife, we were thinking of a phazer, but got a good deal on this, its only has 780 miles on it. what should I know about the rage? I have the vector so I know about the updates that affect that, But is there anything that only affects the rage?

Just like your Vector but with a better ride, better hook up and better off trail. Actually, it does everything better ;)!

My ol' lady likes her 05 Rage.
Put on 1000 miles this crappy year and likes it more each time.
It takes some time to get used to the higher CG, coming off a 2 st. v max, but now that she realizes that a little ski lift won't roll her, she has more confidence.
Shes been riding the skid just as it came from the dealer ....this is the best version of the pro action ever produce IMO.
coupled with the a-arm front this skid is great in all trail cond.
Enjoy your new sled.

snoway said:
My ol' lady likes her 05 Rage.
Put on 1000 miles this crappy year and likes it more each time.
It takes some time to get used to the higher CG, coming off a 2 st. v max, but now that she realizes that a little ski lift won't roll her, she has more confidence.
Shes been riding the skid just as it came from the dealer ....this is the best version of the pro action ever produce IMO.
coupled with the a-arm front this skid is great in all trail cond.
Enjoy your new sled.

Ya she still getting used to it, but I like the long track better. Its heaver that she is used to she was comeing off a 96 skidoo, But I was the elctric start and I wanted another yamaha.Whats nice is many of the parts from my vetor will fit.

:4STroke: i also picked up a 05 rage, and i can't say enough good things about it. My previous machine was a 97 ZRT 800, which i have ridden for the last 6 seasons, and i never realized how much more enjoyable riding can be. It rides great, handles great, once i set it up for my weight, etc., and it just sips fuel. I got it from a dealer as a hold over, 0 miles with the standard 1 year waranty, but so far it has performed flawlessly, even 25 below she fires right up. As far as performance, it has a lot more power than i expected. I was coming off a 800 triple clutched, with 150 hp, and i am more than happy with the yamaha, had it 108 the lake according to the speedo, and thats fast enough for me.I plan on running it till the windsheild wears out!!

Back