• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kimpex hitches on Apex

seabeeman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Apex LTX GT 40th
I can't seem to get my hands on an actual Yamaha hitch for either my 06 Attak or 08 GT LTX 40th. I'd love to find the double tube bumper one but no luck so far. Ice fishing season is quickly approaching and now that I've sold my last Ski-Doo grand touring, I'm without a hitch.

Has anybody successfully installed any of the aftermarket style that have a plate that goes up to the tunnel? Something like either of these:

https://www.kimpex.com/en-us/produc...es/sleigh-hitches/kimpex-sleigh-hitch-polaris

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OMQQZU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A363BFUBCLUQU5&psc=1

Or

https://www.kimpex.com/en-us/produc...igh-hitches/kimpex-yamaha-sleigh-hitch-yamaha

Are there any other options out there other than one that just clamps to the tube bumper? I'm looking to haul an large otter sled with ice fishing gear or maybe just the kids around the yard on the metal dog-sled style utility sleigh we have. I know that many say that if the tube bumper can lift the sled it's fine, but I've also seen the reports of bent bumpers and cracked tunnels. Yamaha also explicitly says no added weight on the tunnel, and I'd rather not push it.

I use a towhitch bumper from the newer
Skidoo Summit.

B07E2CC5-0EF6-47E3-8745-3EEC2E323B06.jpeg

BRP partNr 860200954 for 154´´
For a 146´´860200953

Last edited:
I use a towhitch bumper from the newer
Skidoo Summit.

View attachment 151122

Does that attach in the same stock locations or did you have to drill the tunnel or new hitch? Is it that much beefier? It looks like the proper Apex ones had a plate going forward to the add more attachment points in the tunnel.

I got to drill new holes, and it’s much beefier inside.
No need for a suportplate on top of the tunnel.

i would re drill the holes to use an apex xtx sleigh hitch as it bolts on similar to the rx war hitch and i know those will haul well.

i would re drill the holes to use an apex xtx sleigh hitch as it bolts on similar to the rx war hitch and i know those will haul well.

Are you talking about something like this?

s-l500.jpg

Just drill new holes on the back of the tunnel for the plate and whever they are needed for the tube? Are they the same width? The one that seems widely available is the SMA-8HG41-10 part for a 11-14 xtx...any idea if that would work?

that is the one i am talking about. it was made very similar to the one i put on my 05 rx war. modded one to put it on my 2016 apex xtx. the one that is on my 11 xtx has 1000's of mi towing sleigh or dead sleds with no issues.

Well, I ordered an Apex tow bumper SMA-8HG41-10, I believe this is the one for an 11-17 XT-X. I'll post my results. The bar is straight with a single curve in the back, which is different from the other similar tow bar which has a few more angles on the arms and a compound curve on the back.

Well, I ordered an Apex tow bumper SMA-8HG41-10, I believe this is the one for an 11-17 XT-X. I'll post my results. The bar is straight with a single curve in the back, which is different from the other similar tow bar which has a few more angles on the arms and a compound curve on the back.
Ever get it mounted?

Yes, I actually did. Ran all winter with it and no issues, hauled stuff out ice fishing a few times. I'll get some pics posted and dig the part number back up off eBay.

Back