• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lesson Learned..Stick to brand loyalty.....

Helmet problems

I have had the same problem with mine. I cut a small slit on the top of the face cover and it fit more snugly on my face and cut the amount of breath by passing the breath collector. Also I was noticing that the front face shield was not closing all the way and blocking off the vent hoses making the air come back into the helmet fogging everything up. Once I made the change and made sure the helmet was closed all the way I had no problems. Except for all the moisture that gathered in the collector. But you can't have everything. :4STroke: :yam: :rocks: ;)!

Indy said:
Its the size, i have a large head, and the helmet fogged all of the time. I even went thru two heated shields and still fogged. I went with the HJC cl-14. Fits great and has not fogged yet this season.

Indy, did you get an Electric Shield too? Or do you just use the face piece? I just got one, but I got the shield and pulled the face piece out of it. This weekend will be my first time using it. It fits nicely though.

RSVECTORFREAK said:
Well rage2005yamaha thats something to try becasue I do wear a balaclava and it is usally soaked after riding hard. I'll try it without one and see if that makes a difference becasue I ditch it.
you can wear it just wear it under your chin so not to interfere with rubber seal

It is true that if you wear a baclavia, if cannot cover any part of your face where the breath collector goes. If you do, it wont seal well and the helmet will fog.
Depending upon the temp I wear either a SnoForce or a Z1R Rail with Scott Hi-Voltage II Sno-X goggles. I wear the SnoForce on cold days (below 15* F) because its warm and doesnt fog up and I wear the Z1R on warmer days (above 15* F) because its light, flow more air, allowed me to hear things better and just plain looks cool!
I almost bought a SnoForce modular but didnt because of the cost (my helmet was $80, the modular was $250). Ive heard that the only bad part of the SnoForce modular is where it dumps the breath once it leaves the helmet. Ive heard of people who say that the helmet dumps the breath down and right onto their jacket, so after a while your jacket looks like it has a glaicer on it. Supposedly the Doo modular dumps the breath behind you, so it doesnt freeze onto your jacket.
Personally, Id go with the SnoForce. Id much rathar spend my money at a Yamaha dealer than at a Doo dealer!
Hebi

I was thinking about the BV2S for next year also but some people say a beard will create breath leakage and foaging, Do any of you with this helmit have a beard and does it work for you. kviper

kviper said:
I was thinking about the BV2S for next year also but some people say a beard will create breath leakage and foaging, Do any of you with this helmit have a beard and does it work for you. kviper
I have a beard and that has not been a problem at all...they also have these felts that I have not tried yet that absorb moister and install in the mouth piece so that might work on colder days with the baclava over your face to keep you warmer without spreading moister outward into the bv2 helmet...I'm sure the felts will help. And you can also buy an electric shield for the BV2. I love the helmet ;)!

I have been using the doo modular for 3 years now, hands down the best helmet out there as far as I am concerned. The biggest problem (as yamahopper mentioned) is not closing the face shield all the way. You have to make sure the helmet locks, then the mask and vents all line up. Expensive helmet but three years without any fog ups, its worth every penny.

The only problem with the sno-force, there's no sun visor. After a few sunny days you will really appreciate that option on the doo mod.

:4STroke:

I've got the BV2S and I'm happy with it. It is a bit sensative to the mask being lined up on my face a certian way. If it's too low it leaks at my chin and fogs up the visor. More an issue when the mask starts to freeze up and won't move around as easily. Took some getting used to, but I think I've got it down. If the modular won't work then maybe the BV2S is an option. It also has the sun shield, which is nice to have. And I like being able to flip the chin piece out of the way to talk and the like. Almost as good as the flip front modular in that regard.

The modular didn't fit my head, my chin hit the chinbar. And I'm not Jay Leno or anything. I've had the same problem with most motorcycle flip-fronts too.

Oh ya, the rear light on the BV2S is too easy to turn on/off. And you can't tell if it's on with the helmet on. Sorta goofy problem, but it's a sorta goofy feature.

VectorER said:
The only problem with the sno-force, there's no sun visor. After a few sunny days you will really appreciate that option on the doo mod.
I bought a mirrored visor for my standard SnoForce. Its just dark enough to cut down on the glare, but its not so dark that you cant see on cloudy days or at night.
Yamaha offers a variety of visors for the SnoForce and if nothing else, just put a pair of sunglasses in your coatpocket. If its sunny, wear the glasses. If its not, dont wear them. Its not all that difficult that you need to spend over $300 on a helmet.
Besides, the Doo modulars are just plain goofy-looking!
Hebi

I guess i was a little premature in my decision on the DOO modular. I tried it without the balaclava on and guess what. No more fogging. That was an easy fix, now i just get to freeze in the sub zero weather. Gotta luv trade offs!

I wear my balaclava, but pull it down away from the mask. The mask keeps that part of my face plenty warm. They also make/made a special balaclava that was cut more for the facemask. I've not been able to find this in stores, but it is late in the season.

I have the Yamaha modular, and I love it. I paid WAY too much because I had to buy from an out of town dealer in Pittsburg because the heated shield of my Cat helmet quit working 3 days after I bought it, and I figured it was time to get something better. I know a couple people who tried the older version of the Doo modular (bought in the spring of '03) and although they look cool, they fogged and iced up pretty bad. I'm glad I avoided them, because (at least at that time), they didn't even offer a heated shield for it, and the dealer who tried to sell me one claimed they didn't need one. It turned out they DID need one!

My Yamaha modular is extremely comfortable, has the breath mask which works great (after I pulled the little plastic piece out which kept freezing up and clogging...pretty hard to breathe that way!), and the heated shields works perfectly. Best thing is, they were recently selling on ebay for under $50!!! I almost bought my wife one. They might be more now...that was like 2 months ago. I paid more like $280 plus another $100 for the heated shield, but as I said, that dealer is in the middle of sledding heaven, so he can charge anything he wants...and obviously does. I could have saved over $100 just by waiting a few days until I got home.

Jim

Back