• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking at a used 2008 nytro what to look for????

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper RTX SE
hoping you guys can help me out I driving almost 3 hours to pickup a 2008 nytro with 3500 miles on it.

any problems with these sleds?

what should i be checking for

checked some old treads about subframes
what to look for and where on these frames

Last edited:

Look for shocks being centred between a arms. Lift from end and grab ski loop and push/pull, while doing this look at a arm bushings for movement. Ball joints usually have play. Exhaust donuts for leaking, usually go around the 3500-4000 mile range, I know mine did. Ski bushings for slop.

YOU will be wasting youre time with nytro I bought a nocurrent 2013 xtx 1.75 it is the worst handling riding sled I have ever owned Ive chnged skis seat every suspenion setting imaginable I bought this for off trail only my phazer was a more capable sled than this turd also had 06 nytro was a better ride . Mine is going up for sale I will be riding renegade next year.

XTX 1.75 is a different sled than you are looking at (nitrodoo). See what updates he has done. Ride it if you can. I believe the 08 had handling issues but most guys updated them and they are just fine. This sled still has the best motor in the industry. There was just a post started last week or so asking about the 2008, it was titled what years to avoid, did you read that,most owners of 08 are very happy.

Last edited:
YOU will be wasting youre time with nytro I bought a nocurrent 2013 xtx 1.75 it is the worst handling riding sled I have ever owned Ive chnged skis seat every suspenion setting imaginable I bought this for off trail only my phazer was a more capable sled than this turd also had 06 nytro was a better ride . Mine is going up for sale I will be riding renegade next year.
Really, this is your first post on this site and this is what you have to say. Don't blame the sled for your lack of skills! My Nytro will perform as well as any sled around here both on and off trail. Go troll another site!

At that mileage you will need to do front bushings, ball joints, ski bushings, rear idler wheel bearings and check the drive/jack shaft bearings. I have an '08 and love it now that I did the Tuner ski update and tunnel block off. You will have to tune and test to get it to handle to your liking. The shocks centered in the upper a-arms will tell you about the subframe condition. Easy to fix with the Grizztracks gusset kit if you are mechanically inclined.

Front on shots are hard to tell if the subframe is bent. Look at the tabs where the a-arms mount to the subframe, see if they're bent. I like my nytro and find it handles just as good as the xp ski-doo's I've driven.

The motor is my favourite part of this sled, and I don't care how many miles I put on my nytro as I know I'll never wear the engine out.

You are correct you are not going to wear that engine out. Nick Keller just turned 98,800 miles on his 2010 Vector (same engine as Nytro) and its still going.

Really, this is your first post on this site and this is what you have to say. Don't blame the sled for your lack of skills! My Nytro will perform as well as any sled around here both on and off trail. Go troll another site!
Looking at the way you have youre sled set up it probably never leaves the trail dont know why you need a 1.75 I was just letting him know that they are not a good handling sled ive had 3 different sleds with this motor just dont like this chasis.

The shocks on that sled in the picture have been rebuilt by Hygear and have the triple rate springs on them. That is a good thing.

Looking at the way you have youre sled set up it probably never leaves the trail dont know why you need a 1.75 I was just letting him know that they are not a good handling sled ive had 3 different sleds with this motor just dont like this chasis.
Your second post and it's even further from reality. In case you are wondering, the trails are only the way to get to the powder. I don't know what you see in my setup that makes it a trail machine but man are you wrong.
It handles awesome on and off trail!
Once set up its unstoppable!
But why would I try to explain things to someone who switches from a Nytro to a skipoo, and then goes on to a Nytro board to talk about it. Maybe if your first post was asking about setup instead of bashing, then you could have had an amazing setup and you too could brag about how amazing your yamaha is. Oh well, best of luck to you and enjoy blowing your smoke rings.

i want to thank you guys for all the help saved me some cash. after owner sent me some more pic's it does appear it is bent, I have since passed on the sled. Thinking i better just get a viper. we will see.

Back