• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at Nytro RTX. Anything to watch for??

jwifferdill

Lifetime Member
Stumbled across what appears to be a good deal on an 08 RTX. Owner says the front end is straight and the mileage is right around 4000. Is there anything else to be on the lookout for or just minor annoyances like I've had with my Apex (handwarmers, exhaust donuts, idlers)? Thanks in advance!

Lower balljoints & a-arm bushings. Tip the sled up on both sides & see if you can get any play outa either.

I have 1,300 EASY ridden miles on my '08 and both the balljoints & arm bushings are getting some slop in them.

Not really. Don't sweat the subframe BS you hear on here. I don't gamble, but of the "normal trail riding" bent frames...... I'd bet they're in denial about something.

Look at the spindle angle if you have any doubts. If they differ, then somethings wrong.

Ask about recent oil & filter changes. Look at the normal stuff..... carbides, hyfax, track condition, corrosion, etc. And any signs of neglect or abuse.

There is some slop in the balljoints, but the price may be too good to turn down the machine. The steering is cocked a little to the right when going straight, but the front end appears straight and the skis are aligned properly. Maybe a tie rod adjustment is needed?

How much is a balljoint and bushing replacement?

What is the price?

I believe Yamaha will pay for the balljoint update, get a number from you dealer and call Yamaha up. That is the best way to get want you want.

Yep, Yamaha will cover the balljoints.

A-arm bushings from Ulmer Racing are $75.

Ball joint update is free,Just put on 175 miles up sunday in to monday on tughill. I hit a wash out hard enough to rip bars out of my hand and shake me up a little,No front end damage. So I wouldn't worry about bent subframes and things like that. Just add gas which I got 19 MPG up there riding hard! No oil to worry about, sled is awesome. :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :yam: :yam: :yam:

Back