• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for Snow

Bodacious

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
We had planned on leaving for Laramie Thurs. Looks to be lacking snow most everywhere I call and access a web cam.Was hoping to ride some Mnt hills,bowls, and medows. All non-boosted sleds with much off-tail experience. I've looked at quite a few web-cams but nothing looks to be much better than we have here in Michigan. Can anyone suggest a destination? Expect to drive 26 plus hours from home, (Michigan) don't want to be totally disapointed.

Thanks, Bo

i heared most places out west recieved two foot of fresh. but i havent looked only hear say. im in michigan to looking to get a last ride in. so if you find some pass on the local

Looks like Carbon Country got between 30"-42" of fresh. So can anyone help me on what part of that area is more favorable:

Snowy Range.....area A

Sierra Madres....area B

Shirley Mountains...area C

i heard on snowest the french creek area of the snowies is showing over 20" fresh since this last storm. head west young man. ski

we have gotten over 20+" in the hills south of Bozeman...

will be heading there this weekend, cannot wait...here are some pics of where we will be...these are pics from GlennRMK from on Snowest...

buckcrk029.jpg

buckcrk009.jpg

buckcrk033.jpg

buckcrk002.jpg

buckcrk039.jpg
[/QUOTE]

buckcrk004.jpg

buckcrk024.jpg

buckcrk030.jpg

buckcrk028.jpg

buckcrk012.jpg

buckcrk018.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Following a 3 foot dump last week, the Placer River Valley in Alaska (45 minutes from Anchorage) stands to get another two to three feet before this weekend. Long haul for ya but we are friendly up here Haha.

You and everybody else in Southcentral Alaska will be there with the volcano ruining upnorth. Maybe I'll see you there.

Have you gone over to Grandview?

David :yam:

two lost yesterday in avy's in McBride BC...be careful boys!!! we have had too many hill riders meet their makers this year...

some of the stuff in the pics above....we will NOT be touching, as we have had the perfect last few weeks to produce some big slides...warm weather for a few weeks (makes sheer layer) and the new fresh snow on top (unless it warms substantially) makes for nice slide material...

again, PLEASE be careful!!!

and yeah ski...thsi is where we had planned to take you day two of the ride...but noooooo, you had to bail :)

Thanks for your replies..we are leaving this afternoon for Laramie....Snowy Range and Seirra Madres, if all goes well ws should arrive in approximently 25 hrs of drive time!

Just got back from the Snowy's and all I can say is WOWWWWWWWW! Fresh POW everyday except for one. Rode the last two days in 3-4 feet of fresh, with drifted conditions. Ryan Park, Snowy Mnt Lodge, and Centennial.

Attachments

• 114_1459.JPG
    114_1459.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 85
Look no further than good ol south central Alaska. Still snowing as we speak!!!!!

The volcano which can be seen from Anchorage has not done to much damage to the real good riding areas so far although still puffing and puking. For the most part it has only dumped at max of 1/4" (that I've heard of anyway) on some of the good riding areas. We have received a ton (3-8 feet) of new snow to cover up a good majority of any ash that did manage to hit the ground. Some riders elected to call it a season, and others have chosen to ride on now that it is covered under a few feet of snow.

We had another avalanche victim last week as well and they are still trying to recover him. The signs were plenty evident and the warning had been well publicized. Be careful out there, spring riding can be dangerous even deadly. Unfortunately I don't think we have seen or heard the last of avalanche fatalities for this season yet, the worst is yet to come.

Back