• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low top speed and lot of vibration

stdea

My 04 RX-1 pull strong up to 90 after that it takes 30 sec per extra 10 mph.... and there is a lot of vibration.... my RPM is never gooing over 9200-9300

I did a lot of testing on long hardpark trail and max speed was 152 kmp (94mph)
All speed are speedo speed not radar

Sounds like you need to go through the drive train. I'd start with the track, check tension and alignment. You might even have a bent axle if you have a vibration, that gets worse with speed. Then check chaincase-bearings, sprocket condition, tension, oil quality. Then check jackshaft bearings, and finally clutch. Something is obviously askew.

check your ski alignment. I once gained 10 mph by adjustings them.So many little things that add up to loss hp. good luck.MM. :ORC

Check to be sure its not the drive clutch bushings. Sounds like you blew out the bushing in the moveable if it shifted properly before. Or, like wolfie said, drivetrain.

Yeah, actually the belt is the first thing I'd check for flat spots, loose cords etc. The second most likely culprit is probably a drive bearing, which will usually get worse to the point of obviousness, but it's nothing you want to have go about 80 miles out somewhere. On the bent axle issue, a buddy and I both bent our axles the same day in Canada about 3 years ago. I hit a rock sticking up in the trail just right I guess. I had never done that in 30 somthing years of riding. It's the hardest thing to check, and the last thing, but if it's bent, you'll get a bad vibration. Both sleds were new, so worn bearings were not likely. I knew I wasn't in the mood to rip off the track and check the axle for trueness, and neither was my dealer. But after two visits to both dealers, both sleds were discovered to have bent axles. New axle smooth as silk again.

I changed the strap the first day of my trip (vibration before and after the new strap... )

I'll bring my sled to my dealer (still warranty) so he can work on it

Plese do not call it a strap. Snowmobiles have belts and they have tracks, not straps (limiter straps excluded).

Straps are for Bras, belts are for sleds

Thats all right, I am a little sensitive to snowmobile terms, my old boss was allways calling the track a "Belt" It drove me crazy! Besides I CANT SPELL........ ha ha.

Back