1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Lower handlebars

Discussion in 'Port Yamaha' started by SteelerJim, Jan 27, 2016.

1. SteelerJim

SteelerJim Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2011 Nytro XTX
    Hi, I have an '11 XTX with the OFT relocate and I'm looking to lower the bars back down a couple inches and I am hoping you could set me up with what I would need in order to do that. I was told and saw on the Yamaha fische that the rtx has straight bars unlike the bent xtx bars. I would like to lower it at least a couple inches. Will the rtx bars work? I guess I will need new handwarmers and grips I'm guessing. Any other bar choice is welcome. Thanks.

P.S. the MTX ski's you sold me work fantastic with the Snowtrackers.

3. Port-Parts

Port-Parts Advertiser Advertiser VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2012 Nytro RTX
    2018 Sidewinder BTX SE
    I think the RTX bars might work however I bet they are a solid 3-4 inches shorter as they are almost flat with no rise. If you look at your sled and can envision the bars being flat across with the handlebar clamp that is how low they would be with that bar. You definitely would need to get new heater elements and grips as well.