• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lt-X in Texas heat Shock question

rbig18

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper ltx se
I have a new (leftover) 14 ltx with zero miles I picked up in April and hauled back here to Texas so I could go over it before next season. It has been sitting in my garage the entire time. I just recently notice the rear suspension is completely collapsed just sitting there. I can lift it up to full extension and it will just fall back down in a few seconds. Can this be caused just do to sitting in my garage at about 95-100% or do I need to call my dealer for a new shock? The sled has zero miles.

Thanks

Who's Barry? The ski's are on a dolly and the skid is on the garage floor now. I did have the track up on a dolly (small 3 wheel one) but removed it from rear skid as I was afraid it might bend the skid rails since the dolly was so small. The shock is the stock gas shock with no coil. The front skid shock is also stock but with a coil. The ski shocks are fine but of course they are the Fox 3 airs. Hoping it is just the 95-100 degree heat that is causing almost a shock fade condition. Thanks for the help.

Studroes. If you have it sitting on a dolly it will make the skid compress I had the same problem.

LTX should have torsion springs at rear and coil spring around the front shock. The Shocks do NOT hold the machine up, nor support the rider weight. The Springs do. If it's collapsing on a level surface statically, you have spring problems.

Do not confuse this with the Float (air) shocks on some models. These models don't have springs and instead use an air chamber within the shock itself to act as the spring.

I had my doubts that just 2-3 inches of height difference the dolly provided would cause complete sag in the rear. I have to admit that removal of them did in fact return things to normal. A big thanks to all for the suggestion. It worked.

Back