• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX versus LTX GT

I did 2 per row 114 Top Gun Studs with Polimer backers, thats on a 144" track, I ride had and didnt break or bend a stud in 2000miles...

In your case 2 per row on a 121" track would be 96 studs!!!

XTX004.jpg

XTX005.jpg

Yep, your correct 96 studs. Great pics of your undercarrige too. Wow. I think 96 Gold Diggers for the kind of driving my wife and I do should be fine.

Great sled,I have an  APEX as well and you will not be disapointed.  I love my 121 for the trails and do not ride enough off trail to need the longer foot print. I like you would prefer it, but is not NEEDED. I have 3 studs per row = 144 and think 96 would be OK for trail riding, less weight and better balance. Certainly won't hook for drag racing , but then again I don't with 144 either.Yamadoo

yamadoo said:
Great sled,I have an  APEX as well and you will not be disapointed.  I love my 121 for the trails and do not ride enough off trail to need the longer foot print. I like you would prefer it, but is not NEEDED. I have 3 studs per row = 144 and think 96 would be OK for trail riding, less weight and better balance. Certainly won't hook for drag racing , but then again I don't with 144 either.Yamadoo
how is your shorty at climbing small hills? does it go down small hill's as nice as it climb's small hill's? just curious. i have the longer track on my sled, but havn't done any small hill climbing yet :jump:

Daranello said:
I did 2 per row 114 Top Gun Studs with Polimer backers, thats on a 144" track, I ride had and didnt break or bend a stud in 2000miles...

In your case 2 per row on a 121" track would be 96 studs!!!

/quote]

X2 on the Fast Trac Top Gun II studs and the polymer Airlite XL round backers. I have put tens of thousands of miles of abuse on these on my current and previous sleds. There is nothing better IMO. I put in 144 (two in center, every other outer) which is the right amount for trail riding IMO.

Gerbie,

You got me good. :jump: :jump:

Oh it goes up hills great big or small, it is very POOR at vertically diving into waist deep snow, I don't know maybe it was a riding technique I need to learn OR may Nos pro was right when he said he pulled back on the trail right away so he didn't have to drive off the &@$#&ing cliff.

So my bad either way :o| :o|

Sorry guys inside joke. I was the BUTT of the joke with a funny OFF, thankfully little harm done except to pride.

Yamadoo

Winnipeg Sport and Leisure is where I bought it. Gosh I'm surprised that the track isn't even marked for studding. It sure makes it easier when it is. I use the Woody's Gold Carbide on the Blizzard. 94 pattern I believe, we don't drive very aggresively so the 94 suits us fine for the kind of braking and cornering on the groomed trails that we do.[/quote]

I also bought my 08 apex gt from the same dealer. Great service the only thing i would suggest is to check to see if the air box is tight on the fuel rack. Mine wasn't, it was just sitting infront of it. All and all good service though

apex#1 said:
Winnipeg Sport and Leisure is where I bought it. Gosh I'm surprised that the track isn't even marked for studding. It sure makes it easier when it is. I use the Woody's Gold Carbide on the Blizzard. 94 pattern I believe, we don't drive very aggresively so the 94 suits us fine for the kind of braking and cornering on the groomed trails that we do.

I also bought my 08 apex gt from the same dealer. Great service the only thing i would suggest is to check to see if the air box is tight on the fuel rack. Mine wasn't, it was just sitting infront of it. All and all good service though

They had some great deals recently on leftover 08's. I was looking for a new one after I wrote off my 06 Apex but I decided to go the used route instead. With the extra tax and difference the new vs used is still an extra $2500.

KevinS said:
apex#1 said:
Winnipeg Sport and Leisure is where I bought it. Gosh I'm surprised that the track isn't even marked for studding. It sure makes it easier when it is. I use the Woody's Gold Carbide on the Blizzard. 94 pattern I believe, we don't drive very aggresively so the 94 suits us fine for the kind of braking and cornering on the groomed trails that we do.

They had some great deals recently on leftover 08's. I was looking for a new one after I wrote off my 06 Apex but I decided to go the used route instead. With the extra tax and difference the new vs used is still an extra $2500.
Have you ever dealt with Wildwood, I didn't know they existed until the other day. They seem to have some good prices listed on their web page for their 09's

Baydog said:
KevinS said:
apex#1 said:

Have you ever dealt with Wildwood, I didn't know they existed until the other day. They seem to have some good prices listed on their web page for their 09's

No i never heard of wildwood

Baydog said:

I've been in there a few times but never bought anything.

Back