• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M-12 install

Hotfingers

I got an M-12 with the universal mounting kit. I got everything installed by following the M-10 instruction booklet with the M-12 supplemental sheets, but something does not seem right.

So the question is, is the track is very tight, way tighter than it should be. I have the axle adjustment bolts pulled all the way out, and the track is still very tight. Has anyone here installed an M-12 on a RX-1 before and the same problem? Not sure if I got the right mounting kit for the RX-1 either.

Thanks.
-Hotfingers

M 12

I have had a lot of experience with the M10 and imagine the M12 is very similar. You should be concerned as the suspension tightens the track during compression. I used to run mine with nearly 2 inches of freeplay at the center of the track with no weight on the track. No reason to panic just yet because the M10 wears the sliders very fast at the front of the rail and then stops. This will cause the track to loosen a lot and should take care of the problem. Since you were able to get the skid into the track i suspect it will be OK. Be careful the first ride or so because there is so little snow for slide lube this year you could melt the sliders right off in just a few miles. The other thing you can do is put smaller upper carrier wheels on. I think this was neccessary on Ski Doo a few years ago. The tunnel reinforcment included in the mounting kit should preserve the relationship between the two arms so the suspension will work properly. It sounds like you have set the suspension back very slightly like the mountain boys. This will lower the approach angle slightly and you might end up being faster than you otherwise would have been. Hope this helps.

Well we firged something out. We remounted the front arm to the M-10 position. There were seperate holes for the M-12. Now there is plenty of track slack. We were able to adjust the track this time. For the 100 yards that I rode it, the M-12 seemed to do OK. I acually have weight transfer now! I will find out how this thing works out this next week. (Going to be in the U.P. for 9 days).

-Hotfingers

Back