• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maine sled trip Jan 18th -22

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Hey guys heading up to Millinocket , Maine on the 18-22 let me know if you might be interested in hooking up for some riding. My plans are to drive up early morning, ride Baxter Park area Friday afternoon. Sat ride Joe mary and Katadin loop. Sun either backcountry on lakes and fire roads or head over to Pittston farm. Monday open for whatever. Let me know if you are interested.
Terry ;)! :letitsnow :letitsnow

its about 50 miles through the park no need to bring fuel matagamon wilderness store on one end, and millinocket on the other. low snow is the time to ride they dont groom and it gets some real big moguls especially on the matagamon end

the start park trail is not groomed still, no? did it a few years ago, 3ft chop for 50mi, but didn't pass a single other sled.

[web]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-h7bL7jEUYF4/TROx4pbndgI/AAAAAAAAAdI/OJEzF6FBUeA/s400/20100213_03.JPG[/web]

Headed up to Sinclair(County) 19th thru 22nd Should be a great time. Be safe out there. This past weekend there were a few wrecks from the wannabe x country racers taking the inside lane hard around corners would have got nailed myself if I wasn't towing my buddys sled at 20 mph. I like hitting corners hard but not so hard to be in the totally oppisite lane at 70 mph If I wasn't towing my buddy I would have run down those wannabees and put them into the woods if needed

FYI, the road through baxter is never groomed per park rules.The parameter road is best early in the year after fresh snow ( ONLY). State road into park is always groomed and flat and fast! ITS 85/86 connects to login pond trail, abol toward Kajao and Grant Brook road that takes you out to Joe Marry trails. I drop at the lake often and head out from there. :4STroke: :Rockon:

Some must haves:

Fish sandwich at Kokadjo Trading Post
Nachos at River Drivers
Pie at The Farm

:)

The fish sandwich at kokadjo is awesome!
Will most likely be eating one this Saturday :)

We may head up to The Gateway Inn in Medway Friday night. Saturday ride to Kakadjo then Pittson Farms & back. Next day to Mattagamon, Shin Pond to Oxbow & back. Monday we'll ride to Bowlin Camps for breakfast & back, then shower & hit road by noon. Where will you be staying? There will be ice drags in Medway that weekend so we might head to the Baxter Inn. Pm me. We actually ride right through your area. We'll probably do 600 to 700 miles that weekend...

Steve, I stay up at chesumcook lake at a house that my company owns and lets us use. I will be in town fri and sat maybe we can hook up. I thought about giving you a call. stay in touch
Terry :-o

I think you told me about that when i spoke to you last year. We could head to Chesuncook Sat. morn. & be there by 10 or 11. We've been wanting to ride to the abandon steam engines anyways. Or we could meet at Kakadjo then head somewhere. We'll talk...

Steve, Depends on lake ice, still not safe in many places. I pretty much ride trails and logging roads till later in the year when cars and trucks have been out on lakes.... Stay in touch and we will hook up. I hope to go to races on Sat anyway so might be a better day.
Terry

I ride pretty slow! let me know.... the more riders the more fun!

Still heading up, Most places took a good hit with the warm weather. Millinocket north and west will be good riding still with at least 12"to 16" of snow. Grooming will start back up tonight with the cold Temps. Area is suppose to get 2 -4 in wed into thursday with some snow showers over the weekend. I will be in millinocket Friday noon time.
Who eles is still is comming? ;)!

Back