• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

making a phazer wife-friendly

r_cordell

Does anybody have any advice about how to make a Phazer MTX less tippy and better handling. I am thinking about getting another MTX for my wife but she doesn't like the way it handles, she prefers the way the older Mountain Max's steer over the more aggressive style of the Phazers.

The Phazer is never going to handle like the old style sled, I bought on for my girl, best likeness is its like riding a four wheeler. I put on new ski's, shimmed, Yamaheater, Hand guards, and worked with the suspension until it worked right for her. also extended to 136. Works much better for her,
everyone is different though..

find some gt A-arms and tie rods and sway bar and change them out and use the stock yamaha mtx skis and make them as wide as possible and that should help with making the from end less tippy

find some gt A-arms and tie rods and sway bar and change them out and use the stock yamaha mtx skis and make them as wide as possible and that should help with making the from end less tippy

Leno said:

X2 on moving the skis out. My buddy did that to his and it made it more stable. Even with them in the outer position, it is still very easy to lay over and side hill with. ;)!

I had the same complaints from my wife on her 07 mtx. I picked up a sway bar from schmidt bros for it. It was alittle pricey but it made a night and day differance. I cannot begin to tell you what a differance it made for her and her confidence to hammer that sled down any trail or 2 track. I dont wait very long for her at any stop sign now.......lol

Back