• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Map Tun performance? SWEDEN

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Hi recently purchase some colored charge tubes from this company. 150 USD to my door.. Very good price and the tubes looks great. I didn't realize they were out of Sweden until the box showed up and I was like Sweden?? . I see they offer tunes and exhaust, etc.. I just was surprised to see what they offer at very good pricing IMO. They offer a 270 tune on pump gas. Website shows all the goods for a sidewinder/thunder. Anyone familiar with this company?

Last edited:

I’ve been using theirs tunes/ map tuner for 10 years on jet skis, sea doo’s and Yamaha’s . Solid tunes and pretty easy to use flasher. They started doing 998 sleds like 3 years ago . I could use map tuner on my sled but I choose Hurricane for my tuner.

AS mentioned, they are highly regarded in the Seadoo world which is arguably much bigger than the sled world! RIVA uses their stuff. They haven't broken into the North American market for 998s yet, but it peaked my interest a few years ago when I was contemplating a device that could tune both my seadoo and sled. I'm not sure who else uses them here. At one point, even the local tuners had started to use their technology and created MAPS for MAPTUN but then decided to go with GAP instead.

If Riva uses there stuff i wouldn't shy away from it. Very reputable company. Like you stated. The jetski/Waverunner industry sells ten times the units of not more than the sled industry.

I got my orange charge tubes from them last year, nice stuff and good price. Now one thing I noticed is their stock dyno run shows a little over 180hp stock and 270 after flash so its a 90hp gain. Other thing I like is the peak hp is at 9100 and drops just a smidge at 9200 and holds steady to 9500. Looking at the manual for the sidewinder they use the stock map sensor and there is no mention of any knock protection system though, maybe they have something worked out but tuning info is a bit vague.

I was wondering about knock protection also. Sounds like they have data logging from what I read. The exhaust they showed looked really good.

Janzkak on YouTube runs their tunes & posts a ton of videos, have a look.

Evo powersports use Maptun.

Evo powersports use Maptun.

If it’s the same Maptune they used in the early winders it does not have det protection and is bad news.

My buddy had a EVO maptune in his sled and it had no bottom end or midrange power. Was a limp noodle. EVO swapped him over to a PEFI tune bundle quite a few years ago now.

Local buddy tried it , wasn't happy. Sled ran terrible in certain rpm ranges

Not the same Tune as in the first -17.
Don't know about Evp if they use it.

Back