• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maxximum EZ Change Belt Tool

RSVECTORFREAK

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RS Vector ER
Has anyone tried this tool on their RS machines?? If so how well does it work. I am sick of trying to spread the secondary sheaves with my new clutch spring in it.

Easy change belt tool

I have bought one of these & they work great. I work in a machine shop so I decided to make 2 more for my other sleds.

I hate this site....Every time I see a neat tool like this I end up getting my credit card out!!!

They are out of stock, but should have them in next week.

This is just what I was looking for...Thanks!!!

Just put mine on my 06 Rage the other day. Tried it out after I installed it and it works fine. Opens the secondary wide open and you just peel the belt right off.

I have one works very well, :D . 1 down fall is that it scratches the #$%&* out of my dalton helix. But I can live with that minor thing.

RED said:
I have one works very well, :D . 1 down fall is that it scratches the #$%&* out of my dalton helix. But I can live with that minor thing.

I was wondering about that myself. I also have an aftermarket helix. But sounds like I can live with that. How's the clearance between secondary and the plastic side panels?

The E-Z belt change tool is something that they should have thought of long ago.
I wish it worked on my Polaris, but the driven clutch is different, so it wont work.
My brother has a Team driven clutch on his Pro-X and he has a similar tool for the clutch. Its awsome and a lot easier than trying to hold the clutch open by hand while trying to wrestle the belt on it.

That is one thing I will miss from Bombardier - my last two machines had a device that scewed into the secondary and spread the sheaves. Anyone even the weakest person could do it without any effort. It also held them open while you installed the new belt. I don't know why evry machine doesn't adopt this system. :o|

There is lots of room between the clutch and the body panel. My 01 summit had this, loved it. Since I am always screwing around with clutching, I think it just 1 thing to make life just alittle easier.

Back