• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP!!!! HELP!!!!!! 2016 Yamaha RS Venture TF E-BAT Yellowstone

Vinnie12345

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha RS Venture TF E-BAT Yellowstone
I need help please! I bought a 2016 Yamaha RS Venture TF E-BAT Yellowstone off Craigslist. It looks, runs perfect it only has 175 miles on it. I took it out for the first ride and it only goes 45-47 MPH. It’s in ECO mode. It will not change modes no matter how much I press the mode button. I dropped it off at a Yamaha dealership and after a month they called and said because it’s a “Yellowstone“ model its locked in ECO mode. My owners manual shows instructions on how to change modes, but the dealer says that manual is used for both the Yellowstone and regular model that’s why.

does anyone know if it’s true the Yellowstone model is locked? If so, can I unlock or buy new ECU to allow switching modes? I can’t be stuck with this slow #*$&@ sled.. thank you very much to anyone that can help!

Last edited:

I just thought of this after you PM'd me. Maybe it's just the button that's disconnected, either at the button itself or at the ECU? I don't have that new a model so my knowledge is limited.

Back