• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mid height windshield ride report.

Website
photos.yahoo.com
Being 6'4" this new shield directs the air right at my helmet shield. Its certainly stronger than my stock Attak shield, and does a little better at deflecting the air away from your fingers. The dealer showed me Yamahas new tall and extra tall windshield brochure. What a mess! These will come with two reinforcement brackets to help stiffen up the shield under speed. This set up will look like your riding in a center console boat.
Roll over and it will get costly. Time will tell if Yamaha or after market will improve upon this. ;)!

gregs30 said:
Wouldn't know, mine is still on backorder. Any ideas when to expect? This spring?

I just got my clothing catalog today. It arrives fairly late, and you can't get parts? Sorry, not buying any Yamaha gear.

I have the mid height shield on my RTX and no complaints. I am 6 foot. Its still not the warmest sled, but alot better. Wind hits the top of my helmet (MX)

I agree with Impala. An acessory catalog in late Jan? Parts not avalailable? I used to try to use all OEM stuff. Lost that feeling. Good news for the aftermarket.

Mid hieght on my RTX with handguards not to bad at all. That 1" lip on the top of the shield deflects the wind nicely. Definately better protection than my previous 500ss rev.

Given I rode with the stock low for almost a 1000 miles and froze, I LOVE the improvement. I actually find myself turning down the handwarmers at times now, when before I could barely feel them working. I'm 6 feet, and the mid is perfect for me. If its super cold, I add the gauntlets. The other thing is that my upper body was getting tired after 250 miles in high speed terrain, because the wind would pound you right in the chest. Now it flows over my head. It was something that you only noticed over 60 mph, but noticeable nonetheless. All three GT riders with me on that trip said the same thing.

For extra cold weather, I put my 4" windshield extension on. Works great. About $20, and it just clips on. I've had it for about 5 years.

at 6'1" the mid is a huge improvement , but in colder weather , hands and body are warm enough , but I need to use the electric helmet shield, my viper w/ a middy, I never needed it....

Back