• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Missing Factory Tunnel Protectors on 07 Attack??

nippy

I bought a 2007 Attack and it had an 1.5" track under it.

It appears the previous owner removed ALL the brackets and protectors. Even the curved ones on the front cooler.

Do you think you can buy all of these pieces, or I'm I going to be fabricating??

Is this a common practice?

If so, does anyone have "take off" stuff they would sell??

Thanks
Mike

The one's on the front exchanger are the problem, they were heli arced in place. I had a sled that someone did the same thing and I ended up hand fabricated a set and riveting them in place. Not much room to work unless you remove the track.

Daranello said:
or just don't bottom out
I would be more concerned with the front exhanger which is at danger under hard excelleration when the track balloons and can hit the exchanger. Unless you aren't studded, then I wouldn't really worry about it.

You tried emailing me through totallyamaha but it wouldn't let me return it.I don't have any front one's.

I have a set tunnel protector with mounting hardware if you need them brand new i ordered them dealer said i need them but i do not

darv said:
I have a set tunnel protector with mounting hardware if you need them brand new i ordered them dealer said i need them but i do not

Does your kit come with front ones too? How much do you want?

Thanks

no front just the ones that run the tunnel i paid $200.00 so i'm open to offers i do not need them they are from Yamaha parts so need nothing to install comes with everything need to install

you have to do this to run a 1.5" track unless you notch the track.. that is why he did it. You can put them back if you run a 1.25" track or less.

Unless you want to run pics don't worry about it. And regardless you cannot run pics on your 1.5" track there is not enough clearence

Back