• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Most of you are saying it's the best handleing mountian sled

Oh come on Jim, if I had your money I would burn mine!!! LOL! - hope you had a great holiday - looking real hard at the Nytro for next year along with the 09 Apex - should just keep getting better!! - might even make it back out your way in 09!! - Yammiman

BlgsRX-1mtn said:
... being too easy for me to throw over (used to the weight of my SCRX-1). ...
Jim

Its really easy to go too far and end up falling off or tipping the sled over. I'm used to my older heavy Arctic Cat and would stand on one side on the boards to move her around.

I do that now with my Nytro and have ended up falling off a lot. I need to remember, I don't really need to go that extreme most of the time straddling the sled is all she needs.

Man, I don't know what to do, I like the ntro, but everybody's saying it's like a rev, or rev XP, And I myself hate those sleds, there's now way I'm owning one, or anything that handles like one. I'm hoping to take an MTX for a test ride sometime, lay it on it's side and see how it goes. But I don't know where to find one to test out. I'm also thinking of going with a Polaris 07 FST switchback, and doing a few moutnain friendly mods, cause realy that's the chassie I want, but their motor is just so far behind. I'm in a pickle.

Just do what I did , Buy it, learn how to ride it, It's taken me 105 miles to really like how it rides cause it requires a diferent style it is alot like a stand up jetski in my opinion then get a set of Simmons Gen2 skis (mine are on order) change the oil and ride the crap out of it and ad hop ups as you go. You wont be sorry!! My 2 cents. J :4STroke:

Totally agree with Riveracer.. I race stand-ups skis and this thing is alot like them.. It takes time to get used to.. my last sled was an old Indy and my first two days riding this thing in the mountains were rough.. But the more I ride it the more I like it.. Got 550 km now and it just keeps getting better..

yammiman said:
Oh come on Jim, if I had your money I would burn mine!!! LOL! - hope you had a great holiday - looking real hard at the Nytro for next year along with the 09 Apex - should just keep getting better!! - might even make it back out your way in 09!! - Yammiman

Dennis, I just got done dropping $19,000+ on two Polaris' (RZR side by side and Outlaw 525 race quad) on wednesday so we have something for summer off roading. The Big Dog just doesn't like the rough trails LOL.

Powder Pounder said:
Man, I don't know what to do, I like the ntro, but everybody's saying it's like a rev, or rev XP, And I myself hate those sleds, there's now way I'm owning one, or anything that handles like one. I'm hoping to take an MTX for a test ride sometime, lay it on it's side and see how it goes. But I don't know where to find one to test out. I'm also thinking of going with a Polaris 07 FST switchback, and doing a few moutnain friendly mods, cause realy that's the chassie I want, but their motor is just so far behind. I'm in a pickle.

I don't think it handles anything like a REV. I rented one (800 Adrenaline 144") for the wife when we were figuring out what sled would suite her riding style. I rode it just as much as I did the Nytro; and the Nytro is hands down a better handeling sled. Try one out for yourslef; you'll see what I mean.

Jim

Powder Pounder said:
I'm new to the Nitro but after approx. 15,000mi on a Rev. chasis I can tell you that if the Nitro handles like the Rev. and maintains the 4stroke reliability and performance that everyone expects of the Yamaha, I will be a happy camper!!!! I knew I would have to learn how to ride it but that will be half the fun. Just need some new skis(Simmons on the way).

Back