• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MOUNTAIN SKIS ON THE ATTAK

Do yourself a favor and get a set of C&A's, Slydogs, or a set of Simmons. The Yamaha skis are not as good as the after market ones and if your willing to spend the money on a new set get the best

Jason the mtn ski's are different than the standard ski's.All you need is the bottoms and they will boldt right on.

snowattaker, suggest you do your homework on skis and runners before you buy. Check good web sites like this one, search for threads by knowledgeable people. That being said, skis and runners that match your appplication IMO are one of the best ways to improve handling for your type of riding. If your a low milege rider you might do just as well to stick with oem skis with an upgraded runner like perhaps bergstrom triple points. studdog(an old ski freak).

mountain ski

I don't know the specs. , but I have used them and really like them. Very aggressive, track well and have good flotation

We ran a mountain 05 rx-1 with the stock mountain skis at full offset, a wide front end kit and I was really impressed with the ski. What is also nice about them, is they have adjustable shims you can adjust ski stance +-1 inch. The bottoms look like they copied SLP powder pros but the Yami's are way better quality.

I have Powder pros, SLP SLTs, simmons, C&A's. I like the idea of the mountain skis on the attack. I even wondered why they didn't run them stock.

Leeko

So the Yammi Mountain Ski bottoms will bolt right up to the Std mount on an Attak? Does anyone know what Yamaha wants for the Mt. Bottoms?

The saddleless mountain ski bottoms from Yamaha will replace your stock ski bottoms and be compatible with the bushings and ski handles that you already have with the stock set-up. They retail for $95 each for the bottoms. You can use the mountain bottoms on any Yamaha using the newer style skis they have been using since roughly 2002 (only sleds that didn't have these were SX-R's and SRX's). If you have a Viper or RX-1 (03-04) that had the aluminum mounting bracket (saddle) holding the ski bottom on you can also use the saddleless mountain skis and just discard the aluminum saddle. When upgrading to the saddleless moutain style bottoms you will also need the ski bolts (90105-10106-00), 4 collars (90387-16013-00) for spacing the ski to the spindle, and the two collars (bushings) (90387-10036-00) that run through the spindle (these are not mentioned in the accessory catalog but are definitely needed). Here's a link to our website with a photo and our pricing for them. They also come in black, blue, or red if your looking to add a little color. Anyone looking at doing this should give me a call if they have any questions as I have set up numerous sets of these and should be able to answer any questions and get you set up with everything you need.

www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat_1458-3 ... Bottom.htm

I put the 05 Mt ski on my 05 RS Venture and it made a big difference. I have over 4500 miles on them and they seem to be holding up very well. The switch of the skis only took a few minutes with no hassle.

For the money I don't think you can go wrong. Just my two cents worth.

Back