• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain Skis on XTX

I reused the old rubber thing when I added mine. As I recall, in addition to the skis you need a longer mounting bolt on each side, and perhaps the spacers. Real easy mod to make, and it virtually eliminates the front-end submarining problem in powder that I had with the stock skis. I highly recommend this mod!

I had them on my XTX and didn't like them. I sold them and bought C&A XTX's which I felt were a better fit for this sled.

Some people seem to like the MTX skis but many run Cobra runners or dual runner wearbars. The skis have more aggressive keels compared to the stock Nytro skis. I thought it contributed to the sled's already heavy steering.

LeeKo said:
I had them on my XTX and didn't like them. I sold them and bought C&A XTX's which I felt were a better fit for this sled...

Leeko,
How do the Yamaha mountain skis and C&A XTXs compare, feel-wise?

Not completely sure yet. Ordered them from Kokkes in Shoal lake. I think it was $132 a ski. I ordered the blue ones. Phone him and he will be more then willing to help you out. Much cheaper then going with any other mountain ski. My buddy has them and they really impressed me.

Farmac, you can use almost everything off your stock skis except as loudelectronics says, you will need the longer bolt, the different spacer(collar) on each side, AND.... the longer collar that fits over the bolt. The total of eight pieces for both skis will run you about 60 dollars from your Canadian Yamaha dealer. This is for using a set of 2007 style mountain skis.

I added them to my xtx but wasn't happy with handling. Had to change out my center shock spring and now wouldn't go without them. Used all the hardware from the original skis
My 2 cents

did you order the new style that just came out or the old ones? I put the older style on mine and you will need the longer bolt, two spacers per ski otherwise it will all fit. deeper keel will change the feel on hard pack just to give you a heads up

Back