• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI superchargered Phazer next week

sci

Talk to Josh last night and finalized my order for MPI's supercharger kit. According to him they have been out climbing M7s and will give the APEX a hard time. Hopefully it performs the way they are claiming, he also said they just installed the same kit on a Phazer for Jimmy Blaze it will be in a Discovery channel special he is filming. I will try to post picks and info on the install .

No idea when it will air. Nice exhaust will effect the cooling not getting snow on it?

I put 30 - 35 miles today, it was mild about 35* and nothing happened. The surrounding plastic wasn't even warm. I'll never go back to having that hole open. EVER. :Rockon:

Keep me posted if you have any problems, if not I will close mine up also.

I'm super pumped about installing either a blower or a turbo, so I really look forward to your reports, sci. They both have their advantages, but I may be leaning towards the blower. I don't want to lose that bottem end grunt/throttle response that makes 4 strokes so fun to ride! Wheelies forever, anywhere with MPI?

I am really not trying to be a smarta$$. I have been wondering for a while and afraid to ask..... isn't a Phazer with a supercharger far more expensive than a lightened (Kachess animal) RX-1? And wouldn't the lightened RX-1 weigh about the same and have the same power? Please enlighten me, but be kind.

Ok, you asked to be nice. NO way a boosted Phazer shout EVER be compared to a non boosted RX. Sold 2 RX's this year after owning a MCX turbo Phazer. Added 2 Phazers and another turbo on the way after the expereince. NOT EVEN CLOSE! The weight cannot be overcome :tg: $.02

aksteepndeep said:
Ok, you asked to be nice. NO way a boosted Phazer shout EVER be compared to a non boosted RX. Sold 2 RX's this year after owning a MCX turbo Phazer. Added 2 Phazers and another turbo on the way after the expereince. NOT EVEN CLOSE! The weight cannot be overcome :tg: $.02
You did that very nicely, thank you. ;)!

Yes, thank you for being so nice. I was just perplexed by the numbers - MPI stage 1 for Phazer 140 HP - stock RX about 140 hp - Phazer Mtn Yamaha estimated dry weight 515 - Kachess RXM about 520+ lbs. I realize that the numbers don't always reflect the real world.

I will be seriously looking at a Phazer for a second sled.

rode with a guy on a 600 fusion we go to leave and he hammers it. i say to myself hell no he aint leavin me in his dust, the problem was big fields lay in front we all no i wont top end him so i follow in his smokey trail testing him and he pulled me so i waited till the end of the field pulled alongside and held it longer than him got in front and stayed there, got into the woods and left him, far behind stopped 15 miles later ,the 1st thing he said was he was impressed. and he swore my gt wasnt stock i assured him it was hes embarrassed hes gotta tell his buddies he got beat by a 500 lol i told him if i didnt stop he would of never seen me again,as we were in the woods the rest of the way and the gap would of just got bigger and he agreed. he says he wants one for his wife, i told him to use any excuse he could lol

Now can you imagine if you had boost!Even Nitrous might do the trick for those fields.Sled can easily hold its own up to 50 or 60 then hit the button!My warrantee is pretty much used up.Motor has held up perfectly.Time for mods to begin.

Back