• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mtn lite handleing

I ride mainly offtrail and love to explore the deep backwoods. I ride alot as slower speeds inbetween tight trees and have a very hard time turning the mtn lite. What adjustment or part/s would make a difference in this slow speed manuvering

re

I found that replacing the stock lower a-arm ball joints with grease able ball joints. Also you can do a lot to reduce the amount of play in your steering with just some elbow grease. You can file the metal bushings shorter to reduce the amount of vertical play at pivots. You can modify the upper steering shaft to eliminate the vertical movement at the bars. You can remove material from the mating surfaces of the upper shaft bushing to eliminate side to side and fore to aft movement. Cleaning and re greasing all of your bushings, bearings, ball joints etc with a good hi temp grease helps a lot as well. ;)! Riding fast never hurts either. :4STroke:

I don't even have the sway bar on. Yukonranger, The steering is not tight or worn, if the front end is jacked up it turns effortlessy. I an not saying that your sugestion could improve it but I was also not implying I had tight steering due to corroded parts or not greased. Sled is bone stock and just requires more effort than my buddies sleds. is this typical of the mtn lite? would a different of skies improve the steering? do I have to much ski pressure? I don't know

1. let the limiter strap out

2. decrease the the spring preload on the front shock of the rear
suspension.

3. Decrease the spring preload on the front shocks.

4. different skis

I don't even have the sway bar on. Yukonranger, The steering is not tight or worn, if the front end is jacked up it turns effortlessy. I an not saying that your sugestion could improve it but I was also not implying I had tight steering due to corroded parts or not greased. Sled is bone stock and just requires more effort than my buddies sleds. is this typical of the mtn lite? would a different of skies improve the steering? do I have to much ski pressure? I don't know

Yes, I realize this, but my steering turned fine with no weight on it too, and the new greasable balljoints helped.

Back