• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Muffler spring

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
Got my TD 3” stock mod back and went to put on and I was reading about torque and tightening the bolts and ran across a comment about an exhaust spring. Didn’t see were one went and don’t have one as there wasn’t one one the TD 2.5 turbo force. Is one really needed and were does it go ? Of course leaving in morning for 1 last trip

Dont need it. Its there with factory muffler but Ive never reinstalled it when using factory muffler and most aftermarkets dont have the provisions for it anyway.

Yeah they do not use all of the brackets on aftermarket mufflers for the Winder, but if you now have a stock modified muffler, all 3 of the brackets should be there and the top left bracket is where the spring top goes!

Do you need it? Probably not, but to answer your question I found an old pic showing the spring hanging from its support plate/bracket. Far right on pic!

F0BC2138-1AB4-4EFA-895F-389EE0AC1433.jpeg

Hook the spring on the chassis first, and hook to muffler, if using it. Because when I drop the spring, and its bolted to the turbo, it has to come out to find the spring!:o|

And after hooking spring up, put a dab or so of high temp silicone on spring on chassis. When you take muffler out next time the spring stays put and sits up when it comes time to rehook. I hate looking for small parts in bellypan!

And after hooking spring up, put a dab or so of high temp silicone on spring on chassis. When you take muffler out next time the spring stays put and sits up when it comes time to rehook. I hate looking for small parts in bellypan!
Good idea!

Back